The V3R3.X firmware can be loaded via FTP or HTTPS to the phone, either through the local user interface or through the Web administration interface or by the DLS.
Important information for the installation
- Software binds before V2R2.42.0 have a sporadic problem, that the phone has not enough memory to store the loaded SW image when HTTPS is used for file transfer. In this case a reboot is recommended before performing the upgrade.
- It is recommended to upgrade the phones during a low traffic time.
- The upgrade can take some minutes. It is strongly recommended to wait until the burning process is finished. (Power off in this situation destroys the phone.
- Please make sure that the FTP Server and Switch are configured with the same LAN Speed and Duplex Mode. Otherwise it is possible that the download of the Software will be interrupted and the upgrade failed.
- Please make sure that all old unused 802.1x certificates are deleted before upgrading the phone. Otherwise it is possible that the deployment will not be finished correctly.
Upgrade / Update
When upgrading to V3R3 from a version lower than V2R2 it is necessary to upgrade to V2R2 first. If you upgrade directly from V2R0/1 to V3R1 all the stored passwords and certificates will become invalid. For upgrades from V2R0/1 please follow the procedure below, upgrades from V1 are not supported.
For upgrades directly from V2R0/1 to V3R1, the certificates and passwords will be invalid and there is an additional procedure to follow to ensure a smooth upgrade process summarized below:
- Prior to upgrade the phone/DLS need to be set to non-secure mode.
- The certificates should be removed
- Upgrade the phone
- Re-install the certificates
- Set user and admin passwords via DLS
Before upgrading please check the correct SIP port settings. The SIP transport protocol uses port 5061 for TLS and port 5060 for TCP and UDP. The default port setting is 5060. If TLS is used, the port settings must be changed to 5061.
If Web pages are left open during upgrade (e.g. from V2R2 to V3R1), then it is recommended that the web page is refreshed before use on the new version. Failure to do this could result in corrupted display screens and missing configuration, especially with Microsoft IE8.
A reboot is recommended before performing the upgrade of the SW.
Since V3R3.24.0 the SW is signed and will also only accept Signed SW. The Phone will care about config parameter (default true) and refuse further downloads of SW that is not signed. Any bind will then need to be signed. The config parameter needs to be changed if customer wants to install older software or other not signed SW like trace/test binds.