- Our promise
We will never share your personal data with any third party without your specific consent.
There are two exceptions to this promise
- Where we are obliged to give information about your account by Court Order, RIPA notice or other legal or emergency situation or obligation.
- Where we pass information to our partners in order to fulfill a service for you, such as deliver hardware to your address or find and fix a fault.
- Use of data
- Where we keep your data
- The security of your personal data is a very major concern for us. We have legal obligations to keep it safe and handle it with care and the penalties for not doing so are very high. We store your personal data securely and it's backed up in two geographically separated locations so that it cannot be lost in the event of a catastrophic failure in our data centres or systems.
- How do I delete data?
- UK VoIP Forums provides you with the ability to edit the information provided during the registration process, by visiting the UCP (User Control Panel). Users can easily and clearly delete all their data via their UCP (User Control Panel) under the "Privacy" section. Content or other information that you may have provided, and that is not contained within your account, such as posts that may appear within site forums, may continue to remain on UK VoIP Forums at our discretion, even though your account is deleted.
- How long do you keep my data?
- It varies depending on what it is and what we need it for. We'll normally keep everything for at least 1 year and some for 6 years or longer.
- No guarantees
Privacy and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679
- Privacy Principles Relating to Processing and Usage of User Personal Data
This forum ("us", "we", or "our") does store personal information for each user for the purpose of enhancing user experience. There are mandatory info and optional info divided as follows:
- Account password
- User IP/s
- Date of Birth
- User Signature
We do not disclose personal information to third parties. Users can easily and clearly delete all their personal information (Mandatory and Optional) via their UCP (User Control Panel) under the "Privacy" section.
- Data Protection Officer DPO
- Based on this forum criteria we do NOT require a Data Protection Officer DPO to be appointed. The forum Global Moderators are required and trained to be knowledgeable of the GDPR regulation: https://gdpr-info.eu/
- Data Controller Officer DCO
- Based on this forum criteria we do NOT require a Data Controller Officer DCO to be appointed.
- Breach Notification
- In the event of a breach of security all the users involved in the breach will be promptly notified by the forum Admin.
- We use files known as cookies on UK VoIP Forums to improve its performance and to enhance your user experience. By using UK VoIP Forums you agree that we can place these types of files on your device.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website may put on your computer, or mobile device, when you first visit that site or one of its pages.
There are many functions that a cookie can serve. For example, a cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit it. UK VoIP Forums uses the term "cookies" in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
- Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click on "Keep me logged in" when logging on, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies will not collect information that identifies you, but will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use UK VoIP Forums, or a user’s general location.
- What sort of cookies does UK VoIP Forums use?
Cookies can perform several different functions:
- Some cookies are essential for the operation of UK VoIP Forums. These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.
- These cookies may collect anonymous information on the pages visited. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
- These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
- UK VoIP Forums may also allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into any of the categories above. For example, like many sites, we may use Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic.
- Can a board user block cookies?
To find out how to manage which cookies you allow, see your browser’s help section or your mobile device manual - or you can visit one of the sites below, which have detailed information on how to manage, control or delete cookies.
- Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of UK VoIP Forums do not work properly.
Last updated: June 24, 2019
- Cookies on UK VoIP Forums from social networking sites
- UK VoIP Forums may have links to social networking websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter or YouTube). These websites may also place cookies on your device and UK VoIP Forums does not control how they use their cookies, therefore UK VoIP Forums suggests you check their website(s) to see how they are using cookies.