VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By WelshPaul
Breeder wrote: Tue 16th May 2017, 12:22 Setup SuperHub 3.0 in router mode and re-tested - 0% packet loss. What's wrong with the Netgear router Going to use the SH3.0 for a day or two and monitor the VoIP for registration dropouts.

I'm fed up with it now. I need to get back to studying.
This sounds like the best plan of action for now but as the superhub 3 doesn't support SIP ALG, I would expect issues when using it with VoIP. If your connection preforms well, your power levels look good, logs don't indicate any problems and you experience no packet loss when using the superhub 3 but you still have issues when using the Netgear router - Purchase a replacement VoIP friendly router (doesn't have to be expensive) from Amazon and give that a try! Although a hassle, you can easily return the new router if it doesn't preform well at no cost to you.

Remember: If you do re-connect your Netgear Nighthawk X4 R7000 router, factory reset it again and make sure that SIP ALG is disabled before re-connecting your Gigaset N300IP.
By Breeder
R7500 is under warranty until August 2017. Amazon have agreed to refund the full order upon return. I can buy a R7800 and pay the ~ £30 difference. Currently on phone to Netgear to see what their warranty options are. Try to see if they will replace with a R7800 as the R7500 has now been discontinued.
By Breeder
The R7500 is under warranty until August 2017. Amazon have agreed to refund me in full if I return it. I can buy a Netgear R7800 and pay the ~ £30 difference:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01B4X503S/ ... 473&sr=8-1

I'm starting to think the Netgear router has become defective. Never had a defective router before.

Alternative is to contact Netgear and see what their replacement options are. They might be willing to replace with a R7800.
By WelshPaul
Breeder wrote: Tue 16th May 2017, 12:59 The R7500 is under warranty until August 2017. Amazon have agreed to refund me in full if I return it. I can buy a Netgear R7800 and pay the ~ £30 difference:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01B4X503S/ ... 473&sr=8-1

Alternative is to contact Netgear and see what their replacement options are. They might be willing to replace with a R7800.
I can't see Netgear replacing it. They will likely request that you return it to them at your own cost while they "test" it and if found to be faulty, use refurbished parts to fix it, or replace it with a refurbished unit. If it was me, I would take the refund from Amazon and purchase a replacement router.
Breeder wrote: Tue 16th May 2017, 12:59I'm starting to think the Netgear router has become defective. Never had a defective router before.
I'm reluctant to say for sure that the Netgear is at fault although I'm 100% positive that it isn't the VoIP provider, the Gigaset N300IP or it's configuration that is causing the issue. At this point, I don't see any other option other than to replace the router. I'm also not sure that purchasing another Netgear Nighthawk is a wise decision, I understand that it is a different model but likely the firmware remains almost the same.

If it helps, I have been using this for the past few years: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Wireless-Acc ... asus+ac68U

I'm using it along side my superhub 2 in modem only mode, although I do have Asus Merlin firmware installed on mine. I have loads connected (currently 32 devices) to it via both Ethernet and WiFi - 2x XBOX one's, Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV's, Apple iPads, iPhones, macbook pro, Apple TV gaming computers, various VoIP hardware, FreePBX, printers, laptops and so much more! It's rock solid and cheaper than the Netgear. ;-)

Of course there may be features available on the Netgear that you make use of or rely upon that the Asus doesn't have. You also stated you didn't want to use any third party firmware in a previous post, the choice is of course yours. :thumbsup:
By Breeder
Going to buy the R7800. Will return if it doesn't work out as Amazon has easy returns. I've only ever owned Netgear routers. Will research some alternatives. The VoIP worked fine with my R7500 perfectly since I bought it 2 years ago. Something isn't right with it re: packet loss and VoIP registration dropouts.

Will report back in due course.
By WelshPaul
Whoa, nice! :party:

Was worried that it was your superhub 3 / Internet connection. If it was, would have been a right pain for you to get resolved. Make sure that you have the latest firmware installed and that you have disabled SIP ALG on the Netgear R7800 router. ;-)
By Breeder
R7800 setup and VoIPCheap is holding its setting in the Gigaset N300IP. The R7800 has firmware v.1.0.2.04 and not the latest v1.0.2.08. I'm going to ignore your advice about flashing the firmware.
Will monitor the N300IP for deregistrations. It may be the latest firmware was causing the issue. What an epic mission this turned out to be.
WelshPaul liked this
By WelshPaul
Breeder wrote: Wed 17th May 2017, 20:30It may be the latest firmware was causing the issue.
Unlikely as you stated in this post that you flashed the firmware? This was well after you were already experiencing the dropouts (unless you re-flashed with the same firmware revision which was already the latest). Just as a FYI, you should also be able to downgrade the firmware, look into it that one though as I could be wrong.

Anyway, I agree... If it ain't broke, leave well alone! :laugh:
By WelshPaul
Actually, not to confuse anyone who stumbles across this thread, v1.0.2.28 was the latest firmware release for the R7800 at the time of this post. It's also worth noting that at the time of this post, the latest firmware release for the R7500 was v1.0.0.94 and the R7500 v2 latest firmware release was v1.0.3.10.

This thread might just save other users of the Netgear Nighthawk X4 R7500 a lot of time and expense should they encounter the same issue(s) that you've experienced over the past couple of days. :thumbsup:
By WelshPaul
If registration is currently failing then try running a traceroute to help rule out any temporary network problems.

https://www.howtogeek.com/134132/how-to ... -problems/

Run: tracert sip.voipcheap.co.uk
(On Mac or Linux, run traceroute sip.voipcheap.co.uk instead.)

Also try pinging sip.voipcheap.co.uk, leave it run for a few minutes and check for any dropped packets.

Run: ping sip.voipcheap.co.uk
Code: Select all
--- sip.voipcheap.co.uk ping statistics ---
101 packets transmitted, 101 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 36.182/38.676/46.251/1.982 ms

Paul, Its been a while since posting on here, tha…

Thanks very much. Really appreciate it! :-D

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…

System advice?

As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure t…