For the last few months, I have used the last three of the providers mentioned above and they have all been working fine. Then suddenly a week ago, all three stopped working at the same time. In the admin panel of the N300A IP, it says "Registration failed" for all three.
I made no changes to the N300A IP at the time, nor did I make any changes to the router.
I have since tried:
- Rebooting the N300A IP (no difference)
- Disconnecting and reconnecting the N300A IP (no difference)
- Updating the firmware of the N300A IP (which worked, showing that it is connected to the Internet, but it did not solve the issue)
- Re-entering the SIP settings for one of the accounts (no difference)
- Using my VoIP accounts using a soft phone on my Android phone via the WiFi of the same router that the N300A IP is connected to (this works fine)
DNS name resolution failure ([underscore]sip.[underscore]tcp.localphone[dot]com)
DNS name resolution failure ([underscore]sip.[underscore]tcp.proxy.localphone[dot]com)
DNS name resolution failure ([underscore]sip.[underscore]udp.sip1.voipfibre[dot]com)
DNS name resolution failure ([underscore]sip.[underscore]tcp.sip1.voipfibre[dot]com)
(I have replaced dots due to site restrictions and underscores as they create italic formatting)
Since I have never looked at the log before, I cannot say if these errors are new and related to the issues with registration. However, as an experiment, I changed the DNS server settings on the router from 192.168.1.1 to OpenDNS servers, but this also did not resolve the problem.
I am puzzled by the underscores in the DNS errors above - why is the N300A IP looking up [underscore]sip.[underscore]tcp... instead of sip.tcp... ?
Any advice most appreciated!