VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By keymaster
Hi
I have just set up a really good looking Siemens sip phone on my voiptalk account and it works well, however it is running much outdated firmware Software version ( V2 R2.44.0 SIP 111004 ) and I believe they are now on V3 R5 ** with many changes to apps etc however the Unify website runs you round in circles and I cannot seem to find any updates anywhere on the internet, can anybody please help?
Thanks
K
By WelshPaul
Take a look here.

Take note: I/we will not be held responsible if you kill your phone when attempting to update it's firmware. :P
keymaster liked this
By WelshPaul
These are not native VoIP phones and as such, just like the Cisco 79xx series, they can be a pain to configure and update.

I have never used one of these myself, upload the firmware to a SSL enabled domain and give the following a try:
  1. Access your devices web GUI in your browser.
  2. Log in as the administrator.
  3. Switch to “File transfer > Phone application
  4. Enter the following values, then click submit:
The phone should now download the firmware and restart.
keymaster liked this
By WelshPaul
Ok, lets try upgrading via FTP then... Install an FTP Server of your choice (e.g. FileZilla) on your computer and set up an account for the FTP download for your device.

This FAQ shows how to set up an account with FileZilla.

Start the FileZilla server interface and in the pop-up click OK. Click the users symbol, which will open the users pop-up:

In the users area, click on “Add” and enter a user name (e.g. Sample). Click OK:

Under Account Settings activate the password check box and set a password for the user (e.g. Sample):

On the left, click on “Shared folders” and under Shared Folders click “Add” to add a directory:

In the pop-up, select the directory where you saved the previously downloaded firmware files, then click OK. Then, in the users pop-up click OK at the bottom left, to accept the settings.
  1. Access your devices web GUI in your browser.
  2. Log in as the administrator.
  3. Switch to “File transfer > Phone application
  4. Enter the following values, then click submit:
    • Download method: FTP
    • FTP Server address: <Your computer's IP address>
    • FTP server port: 21
    • FTP account: Sample
    • FTP username: Sample
    • FTP password: Sample
    • FTP path:
    • File name: OS40_SIP_V3_R5_1_0.img
    • After submit: start download
If the transfer does not work, please check your local firewall settings or deactivate if necessary.
By WelshPaul
First, put a tick back in the use defaults checkbox. Your firewall is blocking the FTP process, you need to disable it or forward port 21 to the computer IP running filezilla, also, forward your Passive port range (58000-58976)? That range must be forwarded in its entirety...

EDIT: I have sent you a private message, read it and use the remote FTP info I have provided within it to update your phones firmware. ;-)