VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
100 %
By WelshPaul
Hi Michael,

Never used this feature myself, every VoIP provider I have ever used has offered music on hold as standard. Page 77 of the OBi1000 Admin Guide states:
Music On Hold (MOH)
The OBi1000 series have native support of MOH. You may configure a MOH server in the parameter Phone Settings – Calling Features::MOHServiceNumber. The MOH Server number can be an external SIP or OBiTALK addressable device, such as pp(ob600559558) or sp3(moh-server). The expected behavior of the MOH Server device is such that when called, it automatically answers the call and starts streaming audio to the calling device.

The OBi1000 has a built-in MOH Server that can be invoked by specifying: an({prompt}) (where an stands for the internal announcement server), and prompt is a specification of the source to play. The devices includes a Jazz track that can be used for music on hold. To enable the built-in track, specify the MOHServiceNumber as an(jazz)
So "an(jazz)" is the only built in option available as an easy way to implement local MOH, try using music@iptel.org. E.g sp1(music@iptel.org)

It's also worth mentioning that If your service provider handles the hold-event remotely; in this case it will be their platform that dictates either the hold-tone or the music-on-hold - the OBi will only play the local holding-music when it is handling the call-hold event.
Michael liked this
By WelshPaul
There is an additional work around that will allow you to upload an audio file to the phones auto attendant for use with music on hold but it has it's limitations.
  1. The file format must be a .WAV or .AU, 16-bit linear (uncompressed) or ALaw/ULaw encoded, mono or stereo, at 8/11.025/16/22.05/32/44.1/48 kHz sample rate.
  2. Via the phones web based GUI, navigate to the Voice Services > Auto Attendant page and select one of the user prompts, e.g. User1Description, click on User1Description and a page to allow one to upload an audio file will be displayed.
  3. Navigate to the IP Phone / Phone page, find the parameter MOHServiceNumber and enter: an($$%USER1%)
Very Important Legal Notes
If you use copyright music, you will need a licence from the Performing Rights Society (PRS) and Phonographic Performance Limited (PPL).
Michael liked this
By Michael
This works well for my Google Voice accounts but with anyone put on hold for my SIPGATE account I get classical music (I guess theirs) while if you put someone onhold with the PSTN/OBiLINE I get beep beep. Is there a way to get all all parties (no matter what service) gets the custom onhold music?
By WelshPaul
Michael wrote: Thu 6th April 2017, 22:19 anyone put on hold for my SIPGATE account I get classical music (I guess theirs)
This answers your Sipgate query:
WelshPaul wrote: Tue 21st March 2017, 22:10 It's also worth mentioning that If your service provider handles the hold-event remotely; in this case it will be their platform that dictates either the hold-tone or the music-on-hold - the OBi will only play the local holding-music when it is handling the call-hold event.
Some Voip providers offer a "Custom Music on Hold" service, which allows you to upload your own music files, Sipgate isn't one of them. Sipgate Basic is just that, basic.
Michael wrote: Thu 6th April 2017, 22:19 while if you put someone onhold with the PSTN/OBiLINE I get beep beep.
I have to say, this isn't something I have tried. Have you also configure the MOHServiceNumber on the OBi202?
Michael wrote: Thu 6th April 2017, 22:19 while if you put someone onhold with the PSTN/OBiLINE I get beep beep. Is there a way to get all all parties (no matter what service) gets the custom onhold music?
Yes, setup and use your own PBX such as Asterisk/Freepbx.
By WelshPaul
I use Freepbx myself, I have it installed on a Raspberry pi 3 (a small computer the size of a pack of cards)...

I can create as many extensions as I want, IVR, Call barring, Music on hold, Voicemail, Ring groups, Time profiles and so much more for free!

Here is a demo of my FreePBX web based GUI: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AusdiKa87-PC4IcfUYWD2JNw0j6W7g

You can find out more here: https://www.freepbx.org

FreePBX itself is free, the Raspberry pi 3, case, memory card and mains adaptor cost me around £50 (worth every penny!) but you can use any old computer to run it. No more paying VoIP providers for extensions, IVR's etc. :P
System advice?

OK, I have it setup and configured correctly. I ha…

[private post]

Sipgate UK Call Package

So just like Voipfone, Sipgate offer various calli…

@praful patel all you need to do is port your …