VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
100 %

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By Michael
As a newbie to the group, I really hope you can advise whether this request is viable Roll Eyes

I have a OBi200 setup with a USB connected ObiLine that has access to my phone line/PSTN.

My question is whether it is possible for my OBi1062 can also connect to my ObiLine through my OBi200? Can the OBiLine be shared with other linked devices?

If it is possible please issue instructions for a dummy to set up. If it can't be done please also confirm.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards

Michael Johnson

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
There is a guide here, it's been a while so I wasn't sure if it was still valid. Having just tested out this scenario, I can confirm that this is how you do it...

On your OBi200 configure with the following:
  • Navigate to the Service Providers > ITSP Profile D > SIP page:
    • ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
    • X_SpoofCallerID: Yes (Put a tick in the box)
  • Navigate to the Voice Services > SP4 Service page:
    • X_ServProvProfile: D
    • X_InboundCallRoute = {1001>(Mli):li}
    • X_RegisterEnable: No (Remove tick)
    • X_UserAgentPort: 5063
    • X_Proxy: Yes (Put a tick in the box)
    • AuthUserName: 1001
    • AuthPassword: 1001
  • Navigate to the Physical Interfaces > LINE Port page:
    • InboundCallRoute: {SP4(1001@local_client),ph}
On your OBi1062 configure with the following:
  • Navigate to the Service Providers > ITSP Profile D > SIP page:
    • ProxyServer: ***Enter the IP address of your OBi202 here. E.g. 192.168.1.1***
    • ProxyServerPort: 5063
    • RegisterExpires: 60
    • X_DisplayLabel: PSTN Line
    • AuthUserName: 1001
    • AuthPassword: 1001
  • Navigate to the IP Phone > Line Keys > Key 6 page:
    • Service: SP4
    • Name: PSTN Line
snapshot.png
snapshot.png (29.29 KiB) Viewed 624 times
snapshot (1).png
snapshot (1).png (26.51 KiB) Viewed 624 times
You can now make and receive calls on your OBi1062 via your OBi202 and OBiLINE using the Line key 6 on your OBi1062 IP Phone. I have configured it this way to take into account that you might have other services configured against SP1, SP2 and that you might not want all calls to go out over the PSTN line by default.

EDIT: If you want to configure the phone to use the PSTN line as the primary line eliminating the need to press line key 6:

• Navigate to the IP Phone > Phone Settings page:
    • PrimaryLine: SP4 Service
By Michael
I have ensured both my OBi200 and OBi1062 devices were hard reset before I followed your instructions. I have tried 4 times and sadly cannot get this scenerio to work. :(

Is there anything else I need to enable/disable? Anything missing?

Please advise as I truly would like to use your setup to share my OBiLINE through my OBi200 with my OBi1062.

Look forward to your reply. ;-)
By WelshPaul
Are both devices on the same lan/subnet? Also, how are you configuring the devices? (Locally or via OBiTALK) I'm guessing OBiTALK as you offered me access above.

Remember, any changes you make locally will be overwritten by OBiTALK.
By WelshPaul
I missed out a required parameter in my post above! :x

On your OBi1062, also configure the following:
I should have also pointed out in my post above that your OBi200 should have a static IP, otherwise your OBi200's IP address will change at some point and your OBi1062 will fail to register resulting in loss of service.
By WelshPaul
I didn't expand on the digitmap or primary line because I wasn't sure of your setup. Are you using your OBi1062 with any other service provider? Or is it only being used to register to the OBi200? If the latter...

• Navigate to the IP Phone > Phone Settings page:
    • PrimaryLine: SP4 Service
This will configure your OBi1062 to use the PSTN line as the primary line (if that's what you want). All calls made from the OBi1062 will go directly to the OBi200 and out over your PSTN line.
By WelshPaul
Michael wrote:I have ensured both my OBi200 and OBi1062 devices were hard reset before I followed your instructions.
Did you re-configure them with the correct UK settings?

OBi200: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=369

OBi1062: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=370

If not, update both devices with the correct UK settings using the files in the links above. Doing so will also apply the correct UK digitmap(s) to both of your devices.

This can be a pain in the backside when using the OBiTALK portal, Via OBiTALK - OBi200:
OBi Expert Configuration > Manage Expert Configuration- Saved Configuration File: Choose file and click on the "Import Config to OBi Expert" button.
Importing a Configuration: At the bottom of the page there is an Import Configuration section, where there resides a function which allows the user to import (or upload) a previously saved XML configuration file as their OBi Expert database configuration.

When this option is selected, the OBi Expert database will import these settings and save them as the device's OBi Expert Configuration settings. Once this configuration is in the database, the user can uncheck the OBiTALK setting box to selectively invoke parameter configurations contained in the imported config file. The OBiTALK box is checked by default because the OBi Expert mode requires that the user understand the changes they make while in the OBi Expert Configuration menus can possibly alter or break functionality associated with their OBiTALK configuration. Also since OBiTALK controlled parameters change overtime, it is safer for the OBi Expert user to have to uncheck the OBiTALK Settings box in that a configuration that they previously knew to not be in conflict with OBiTALK may be in conflict the next time they go to import a config file.

Inside the OBi Expert Configuration pages, you will notice its resemblance to the OBi device web page menu, look and layout. To the right of the configurable parameter value field, there may be a red exclamation mark (!). When this mark is present, it means the parameter value next to where it appears has an OBi Expert configuration database entry that is different than the OBiTALK database entry. If the Device Default and OBiTALK boxes are left unchecked, then the OBi will use this setting in its active configuration.

On the right side of the OBiTALK Settings check box there may be an asterisk (*) indicating this parameter is currently being used in the OBiTALK portal for feature configuration. Therefore, if the symbol resides next to a parameter setting that you choose to over-ride with an OBi Expert Configuration setting, the functionality configured by the OBiTALK portal is subject to conflicted operation. It is important to note that the presence of the * may appear suddenly, when functionality is added to the OBiTALK portal that requires management of the parameter next to which the * appears. We suggest that users uncheck the OBiTALK box for those parameters NOT marked with the *, when the particular parameter value is different for a configuration outside the realm of what is available in OBiTALK. Unchecking the OBiTALK box will ensure the custom value will not be overwritten by a future OBiTALK enhancement or modification.

Remember: If you want to configure a value for a parameter as your OBi Expert configuration setting, you must have both the "OBiTALK Settings" and "Device Default" check boxes UNCHECKED. Only then, can you enter a new value to be submitted as an OBi Expert Configuration setting.

Finally, before jumping to a new page to check on settings or make modifications, please do not forget to select the "Submit" button for each page on which you have made a modification that you want to save to the device's OBi Expert configuration file.
expert.png
expert.png (22.36 KiB) Viewed 444 times

Advertisement

By Sponsor

In the past month, Microsoft have changed their sp…

Porting NGN Issue...

Hi WelshPaul, thanks for the replies and your ef…

Not at this time no. :dunno: Having just looked…

Hello, I have a Google Voice number as well as …