VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
Sponsored
By WelshPaul
I will post back first thing in the morning and confirm that my N300AIP has held registration. If it has then we can rule out Voipcheap (I already had as you had the same issue with Voipfone and your softphone held registration) and your N300IP's configuration as the cause. Hopefully it was a SIP ALG issue and now that you have disabled it, registration will hold.
By WelshPaul
Well Voipcheap registration has been up for the best part of 9 hours for me, clearly Voipcheap, Gigaset or it's configuration isn't the cause of the registration dropouts. Has your registration continued to hold now that you have disabled SIP ALG on your router?
By WelshPaul
Is your router running the latest firmware? I'm guessing it is as Voipfone probably already advised you to check and if not, update it. As you have already tried port forwarding without success, yes reset your router and see if that helps. If that doesn't resolve the issue then the only thing we can look into now is your NAT settings on the router, I can't see that being the cause though as it worked just fine in the past. Just to confirm, my voipcheap registration is still up so it has to be either your router or your broadband connection.

You mentioned in a previous post that you had disconnected your netgear router and used the Super Hub 3.0 in router mode and that the issue still occurred? Maybe your connection has been suffering from spikes of lag and bouts of packet loss caused by the Intel Puma 6 chipset (x86 SoC) bug or congestion in your area over the past few days and that's possibly why your losing registration?

Not what you want to hear but try disconnecting the Netgear router, reset the Super Hub 3.0 and set that up in router mode (make sure SIP ALG is disabled on the super hub too) and see if the voipcheap registration continues to drop on the N300IP when connected to the super hub 3.0.

Finally you could try running this: https://www.voipreview.org/speedtest and this: http://voiptest.8x8.com/voip.php?voipli ... codec=g711

My test results (run over wifi while my children are gaming on two wired pc's) came back as:

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 1.6 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 0.3 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.2
By Breeder
I've now put the Superhub 3.0 into router mode and connected the N300IP and my desktop into the LAN ports.The ALG SIP setting has been removed from SH3. For some strange reason VOIPReview.org Speedtest doesn't complete with Chrome or Firefox or IE. The 8x8 VoIP Test doesn't do anything when I click Apply and Test.

VoIPReview Speedtest:

Latency: 53ms
Jitter: 15ms

Neither VoIPCheap nor VoIPFone is now registering with the S300IP but both continue to work fine with Softphone.
By WelshPaul
TBH I didn't expect the N300IP to register using the superhub 3 and you've confirmed that there is still no SIP ALG option available on the superhub 3 as stated here by yay.com, so pop it back into modem only mode and reconnect your Netgear router. :beaten:

Have you factory reset the Netgear router and still had it drop registration? If so, you could try assigning the Gigaset N300IP a static IP and place it in DMZ server. Make sure QOS and UPnP is disabled on the Netgear router too.

WARNING: I don't recommend DMZ as a permanent solution and it's best that you use a second voipcheap account with no payment details registered against it to test with. If registration continues to drop then your last option is to try with another router. If registration still drops, it's without a doubt your superhub 3 / internet connection causing the drops in registration. :-/

Out of interest, how long have you had the the Netgear Nighthawk X4 R7500? After doing some research on this router, it doesn't appear to be VoIP friendly at all. Seeing many search results about port forwarding and VoIP issues. Rather than replacing the router, you could always look at flashing the Netgear with a third party firmware such as DD-WRT:

https://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DD-WRT_on_R7000 or maybe http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?th ... 000.71108/

I myself use asuswrt-merlin on my ASUS AC68U router, used it for approximately three years or more now. Also used DD-WRT in the past too. If you do go down this route, I refuse to be held responsible if you brick your router or can no longer return to stock firmware.

I have to say, I'm scratching my head with this one! Never before have I come across an issue with registration and/or call dropouts after working just fine for months and months with no hardware or configuration changes being made. Unless of course there has been an issue with the VoIP provider or the VoIP users ISP/connection. :sweat:
By Breeder
I've had the Nighthawk X4 R7500 for 2 years. VoIP has worked perfectly for all that time with the S450IP.

I flashed the firmware on the R7500 and did a factory reset afterwards using the pin hole. Issue persists. I've exhausted all possibilities.

The VoIPReview Speedtest worked after the reset:

http://www.patre.com/Internet%20Speed%2 ... Review.pdf

40.5% packet loss is poor right?
By Breeder
I've disabled QoS and UPnP and setup a DMZ server for the S300IP's IP address. It makes no difference both VoIPCheap and VoIPFone are not registered. I will not flash the firmware of the router with non official versions.

I'm completely stuck. Can you look at the pdf I posted above.
By WelshPaul
Breeder wrote:
Tue 16th May 2017, 11:21
I've had the Nighthawk X4 R7500 for 2 years. VoIP has worked perfectly for all that time with the S450IP.

I flashed the firmware on the R7500 and did a factory reset afterwards using the pin hole. Issue persists. I've exhausted all possibilities.

The VoIPReview Speedtest worked after the reset:

http://www.patre.com/Internet%20Speed%2 ... Review.pdf

40.5% packet loss is poor right?
Then unless the router has developed a fault (I highly doubt it) the issue has to be with your internet connection/SH3.

Very odd that you were unable to run the tests until after resetting the router and 40.5% packet loss is huge! Imaging sending voipcheap an A4 letter in the post and 40% of it get's torn off at the sorting office and goes missing. If the bit that's missing contains all the vital information then how can they know who to respond to or what it is you were trying to inform them...

I found this: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Spe ... -p/3407918

Maybe a Virgin Media technician has been out and done some work in your street or at the cab that supplies you and screwed with your power levels. I would contact Virgin Media and ask if there are any known issues in your area, they will likely run some tests on your connection and check your power levels too.

Failing all that, the only thing you can do is test using another router.
By WelshPaul
I know this must be getting on your nerves now, but...

You could try and factory reset the superhub 3 and set it up as a router again, leave the Netgear disconnected and this time try running the tests above and see what results you get back. If you are seeing zero packet loss, low pings and good upload/download speeds it could be the Netgear router at fault.

It's hard to say really and I can only speculate because if the connection is working ok for hours and only becomes problematic at certain times of the day/evening then the results of the superhub 3 could lead us down the path of the Netgear being at fault when really it was just a case of the internet connection was OK at that time of day. :-/

Even if registration dropped because of a poor internet connection, it should re-register once that connection becomes stable again. You shouldn't have to re-boot anything!

Just for the record, you should be able to view the superhub 3 statistics and power levels by entering 192.168.100.1 in your web browser when in modem only mode.
Sponsored