VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
100 %
By petertmooney
Hi Paul
Hope all is well. I've not got on here, or anywhere, as much as I would have liked to lately.
I was wondering if you had any advoce on email/voicemail...
People are able to leave voicemail ok, but when we try to retrieve it with *26 nothing happend. A call connects then silence...
Also, hard as I try, voice mail emails do not come through to alert us or allow us to hear them that way :/
By WelshPaul
Are you using FreePBX voicemail? If so, dial *97 from extension 8 (reception) or *98 from any other extension and select extension 2 to listen to your messages. If memory serves me correct, we restricted outgoing calls on extensions one through four via the phones dial plan, as such you won't be able to access voicemail messages on those extensions.
petertmooney wrote:Also, hard as I try, voice mail emails do not come through to alert us or allow us to hear them that way :/
In order for FreePBX to be able to send emails you must first configure it to use a mail server. As such, an email address, password and SMTP address are required. You need to SSH into the Raspberry PI and run dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

See: http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/documentation/#email

Configure as shown below and make sure that you also edit both the "/etc/exim4/passwd.client" and "/etc/email-addresses" files as instructed in the guide linked above. Finally, activate your configuration by running "update-exim4.conf".
Attachments
Screen 1.png
Screen 1.png (21.83 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 2.png
Screen 2.png (17.71 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 3.png
Screen 3.png (24.06 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 4.png
Screen 4.png (25.13 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 5.png
Screen 5.png (9.99 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 6.png
Screen 6.png (25.58 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 7.png
Screen 7.png (20.61 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 8.png
Screen 8.png (25.75 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 9.png
Screen 9.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 10.png
Screen 10.png (26.4 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 11.png
Screen 11.png (9.35 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 12.png
Screen 12.png (23.22 KiB) Viewed 17 times
Screen 13.png
Screen 13.png (27.37 KiB) Viewed 17 times
By WelshPaul
As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure that you need to dial 9 (for an outside line) then *97. You can change the default Voicemail number from *97 to 1571 if you prefer? Simply login to FreePBX and navigate to the Admin > Feature Codes page, scroll down to the "Voicemail" section and next to "My Voicemail" click on customize, replace *97 with 1571. Don't forget to save your changes and click apply config.

As for Voicemail email notifications, have you entered your email address in the "Email Address" field found on the Applications > Extensions > Voicemail page?

Attached below is my latest OBIHAI UK configuratio…

System advice?

As you wanted 9 for an outside line, pretty sure t…

Getting IP address from SIP

Yes and yes (unless they change it). Try pinging …

OK, another update... This time I have overhauled…