VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By WelshPaul
petertmooney wrote:I have a bid on the handsets, fingers crossed...
Are you referring to the Gigaset models? If so, there are two reasons why I recommend that you go for the Cisco rather than the Gigaset...
  1. Damage or faults will cost you more to put right!
  2. These phones may look nice in the corner of the room, but will your guests be able to work out how to use them with ease? More so, the older generation!
Remember though, WiFi can be hit and miss! You need to make sure that you have:
  1. Good coverage in all locations
  2. No interference
  3. No WiFi congestion
If you don't, calls can and likely will break up during conversations and/or fail. Ethernet is always the best option!
petertmooney wrote:Freepbx downloaded waiting for pi to arrive.
You need to download the latest RasPBX image located here.

Install this on your computer: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Pop your Raspberry Pi's SD card into your computer and run win32diskimager, you will see the following on screen:
Screenshot (21).png
win32diskimager
Screenshot (21).png (4.09 KiB) Viewed 183 times

Enter the location of the RasPBX image you downloaded above. In my case it's: D:/OneDrive/Voip Stuff/raspbx-28-01-2017.img

Under Device, select the drive letter that was assigned to your SD card. In my case, when I inserted my SD card, it was assigned the drive letter "E". See image below:
Screenshot (22).png
win32diskimager entries
Screenshot (22).png (4.59 KiB) Viewed 183 times

Now click the "Write" button and leave it do it's thing! Once done, place the SD card into your Raspberri PI and power it up. Now that you're FreePBX server is up and running, you need to follow a few steps as written here: http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/docum ... #nextsteps

Don't let the steps shown in the link above put you off, it's pretty straight forward and only needs to be done the once. If need be, I can talk you through this when the time comes. :P
petertmooney wrote:Is it possible to also receive landline calls on my iPhone with this setup?
Yes.
By WelshPaul
petertmooney wrote: Wed 6th September 2017, 19:59 Am i screwed meantime?
No, you can still setup and configure both FreePBX on your Raspberry PI and your VoIP telephones (once they arrive), but you won't be able to make or receive calls via your PSTN line until you receive the OBi110.
By WelshPaul
Once you have followed the instructions here, and successfully installed RasPBX on your Raspberry PI, all you really need to do is update your modules and create an extension for each endpoint.

Updating your FreePBX modules is easy, simply click on: Admin > Module Admin > Check Online and once loaded, place a tick in the "Show only upgradeable" box and finally click on "Upgrade All"). I made a video showing the process (although I didn't have any updates available at the time), you can watch it by clicking here.

Creating a basic extension isn't that difficult either. In this video, you will see that I already have three extensions setup - Extensions 200, 201 and 202. Keep watching to see how to add another.

NOTE: Make a note of both the "User Extension" and "Secret", you need to enter these details into the phones web based GUI (along with the IP address of your FreePBX server).
By petertmooney
Really getting the hang of this paul. So far all good.
I set up a dynamic dns, so I can access freepbx/sip from iPhone etc when away from home. So when the obi arrives I can link that to rasp. pi, then access landline away from home also?
Is that ok/best practice?

call recording and IVR sorted.

Only thing I cant figure is how to have dial 9 for outside line.
By WelshPaul
petertmooney wrote: Fri 8th September 2017, 06:59 Really getting the hang of this paul. So far all good.
Awesome!! :P
petertmooney wrote: Fri 8th September 2017, 06:59I set up a dynamic dns, so I can access freepbx/sip from iPhone etc when away from home. So when the obi arrives I can link that to rasp. pi, then access landline away from home also?
Is that ok/best practice?
Make sure that you have your server locked down and protected by a firewall and or fail2ban etc. The moment you make it accessible to the outside world it will come under attack. Failure to keep your server up to date or implement security will result in your server being hacked and unauthorised calls being made.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage ... d=33882179
petertmooney wrote: Fri 8th September 2017, 06:59Only thing I cant figure is how to have dial 9 for outside line.
May I ask why you want this? I haven't seen this in use since I worked in Great mills back in 1992.
By petertmooney
the dial 9 for pstn line is because most numbers start with o, and zero is for reception here.
It is on all our room booklets and literature etc which was quiet expensive to change and not long done..
Will look into blocking things further, already behind firewall, but trust nothing lol
By WelshPaul
The reason I asked, you can configure the phones with a "Reception" button that will ring the phone at reception once pressed. However, I see your predicament...

If memory serves me correct, normally a comma character in the SPA525G2's dial plan should produce a second dial tone. So, adding "9,0[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0" should give you result you require! Unfortunately, the Gigasets phones won't support this method. You could patch the outbound route within FreePBX, dial 902031234567 and FreePBX will drop the 9 and call 02031234567. This method will work with whatever phone you decide to use, but won't give you an additional dial tone or alter your existing dial tone.

Let me do some testing and get back to you.
System advice?

OK, I have it setup and configured correctly. I ha…

[private post]

Sipgate UK Call Package

So just like Voipfone, Sipgate offer various calli…

@praful patel all you need to do is port your …