VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By iain
Posts Avatar Topics
Hi Forum

Purchased a second hand Cisco SPA122,
Does anyone know of an unlocking service?

I have tried
1, unable to Logi via a browser, I get the Cisco GUI greeting but the default usernames and passwords do not work i.e admin or cisco cisco.
2, Also a complete hardware reset does not work via pressing the reset button forv30 seconds, read it can be disabled.
3, I can login **** via a phone, but the factory reset code 73738# is not recognized.

iain
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
iain wrote: Sun 5th Nov 2017, 22:03 Hi Forum

Purchased a second hand Cisco SPA122,
Does anyone know of an unlocking service?

I have tried
1, unable to Logi via a browser, I get the Cisco GUI greeting but the default usernames and passwords do not work i.e admin or cisco cisco.
2, Also a complete hardware reset does not work via pressing the reset button forv30 seconds, read it can be disabled.
3, I can login **** via a phone, but the factory reset code 73738# is not recognized.

iain
Hi iain,

The default username and password for the SPA112 and SPA122 is:
  • Username: admin
  • password: admin
If these don't work for you, your SPA112 is either locked to a VoIP provider and is remotely provisioned or the last person to use it changed the default password. These ATA's are sold on eBay frequently at a fraction of the retail price, most are locked and are useless. FYI, there is no known way to unlock these without knowing the password! Save yourself a headache and send it back and get your money back.

I have two asterisk servers (1 running asterisk (box1) …

Sipgate Basic and multiple SIP clients

Ok, thanks. Was worried that using the same sip user in…

Your device was probably listed on Cisco's provisioning…

This means it is very dangerous to post here other t…