VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By Morten
I posted yesterday but my account and post were deleted? :(

My Yealink T48G red led keeps flashing every 2-3 seconds once the phone enters power saving mode and the screen turns off. This is annoying because users think there is a message waiting! How can I stop the led flashing when the screen turns off? Please help!!!

I have read through this topics but it did not help me resolve:-
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=34805

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Morten wrote:I posted yesterday but my account and post were deleted? :(
Apologies Morten, I applied an update yesterday but had to restore from a backup shortly after because it contained a major bug that is still unresolved. The backup I restored from was taken just before you signed up (I forgot to take the forum offline) and posted. :(
Morten wrote:My Yealink T48G red led keeps flashing every 2-3 seconds once the phone enters power saving mode and the screen turns off. This is annoying because users think there is a message waiting! How can I stop the led flashing when the screen turns off? Please help!!!

I have read through this topics but it did not help me resolve:-
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=34805
The good news is that this bug has also been fixed (at long last) on the Yealink T48G IP Phone too! You need to navigate to the Features > Power LED page and set "Common Power Light On" to "Disabled". Don't forget to confirm the change before exiting the GUI! ;)

Features > Power LED options:
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 17.43.57.png
T48G Power LED
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 17.43.57.png (27.83 KiB) Viewed 363 times
By WelshPaul
Can you try disabling the power save mode:
  • Settings > Power Savings > Power Saving = Disabled
Mine doesn't flash with power saving mode disabled, strange that! One would expect the LED to cease flashing when enabled. :x

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Hello Paul, Thank you for your response. Much app…

If you're experiencing issues making outgoing call…

Just leave all the files in the TFTP directory and…

VoIP on the move via wifi

Great! I have been looking for a similar solution.…