VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By AlanR
Posts Avatar Topics
Forgive me if this is a naive request. We have a Samsung Officeserv 7030 installed with SIP trunks provided by our broadband supplier. All incoming calls are through an 0345 NGN, the destination of which we control. If we were to switch supplier what programming considerations would we have to perform on the Officeserv 7030, if any, or would it be sufficient to redirect the NGN to the new number?
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Forwarding the NGN to the new number would likely incur additional charges so probably not the best solution. Some VoIP providers have peer agreements in place so you can forward incoming calls from trunk provider A to trunk provider B for free but these are few and far between these days.

If you switch suppliers you should be able to port over your number and thus no redirection required and no additional charges, this is the best way IMO.
AlanR wrote:If we were to switch supplier what programming considerations would we have to perform on the Officeserv 7030
Do you have full physical and administrative access to the Samsung Officeserv 7030?
Is it yours and not under any contract with your existing provider?

Setting up a SIP trunk appears to relatively simple. Voicehost have a guide on how to setup a SIP trunk on a Samsung Officeserv with their VoIP service here:
https://www.voicehost.co.uk/help/samsun ... tion-guide

You should be able to tweak those settings to use with other VoIP providers with relative easy. :grinning:
Recommendation for voicemail

@starhannes well your best option is to purcha…

Hi paul, u in same city as me, wonder when morris…

Forwarding the NGN to the new number would likely …

UK mobile integration with a SIP PBX

Would this service be useful for original poster a…