VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By johnk-32
Posts Avatar Topics
Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup an Analog Telephone Adapter but the serial number in the Web Management screens is different to the one on the back of the adapter. Does anyone know if the serial number on the Web Management screens can be editted to bring it into line with the one on the back?

The MAC address is OK.

I am new to VoIP setup so all tips most welcome.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Would it happen to be a Linksys PAP2-T? Anyway, the serial number doesn't serve any purpose other than to identify a device if stolen for warranty claims so I wouldn't worry about it.
By johnk-32
Posts Avatar Topics
It is the Fanvil G100S Analog Telephone Adapter - see:

https://www.voipon.co.uk/fanvil-g100s-a ... -7924.html

So you do not think that having different serial numbers digitally to the one printed on the back would explain a failure to register the virtual phone number? Here is the system log:

Sun Apr 19 16:21:43 2020 user.notice callmanager[2059]: [SIP] allocating transaction ressource 30480 88795665625817-581525370514184
Sun Apr 19 16:21:43 2020 user.notice callmanager[2059]: [SIP] allocating NICT context
Sun Apr 19 16:21:43 2020 user.warn callmanager[2059]: [SIP] info: Name resolution requested.
Sun Apr 19 16:21:43 2020 user.warn callmanager[2059]: [SIP] Doing asynchronous name resolution.
Sun Apr 19 16:21:43 2020 user.err callmanager[2059]: [SIP] Could not resolve .
Sun Apr 19 16:21:43 2020 user.warn callmanager[2059]: [SIP] Transaction 30480 killed.
Sun Apr 19 16:21:43 2020 user.info callmanager[2059]: [MGR] We receive a failure message,err:-145
Sun Apr 19 16:21:43 2020 user.notice callmanager[2059]: [SIP] free transaction ressource 30480 88795665625817-581525370514184
By WelshPaul
Sorry dude, you clearly stated in the subject the make and model! :flushed:

Have you contacted VOIPON to inquire as to why the device has two different serial numbers and Is this a local pbx that you're registering to or an ITSP? The reason I ask if it is a local PBX is that the administrator may have security practices in place preventing unauthorised devices from connecting to it. The log shows that the device could not resolve the DNS name.
By WelshPaul
What ITSP are you using and are you sure that you have configured it correctly? You could try using the ip address rather than DNS name of the SIP Server/Proxy/Registrar address...
By johnk-32
Posts Avatar Topics
I am trying to set up my Voip with Number People https://numberpeople.co.uk/voip-sip/

Their support people think I have the correct setup details but they think the ATA serial number discrepancy will prevent it from working. They have offered to get one of their engineers to set it up for me. I am considering taking them up on that offer, though I am not sure that they will be able to get this telephone adapter to work.
By WelshPaul
The serial number wouldn't be the cause. It still technically has only one serial number and that is the one in the Web Management screen. The one on the rear is just printed on a label or something and although different is just a printed serial number and the device itself has no way of reading it. So unless you supplied Number people with the serial number on the back of the machine nobody but you know it exists...

Fanvil G100S Number People Configuration (Domain):
  • Server Address: register.s-ip.co.uk
  • Server Port: 5060
  • Authentication User: Your Number People Username
  • Authentication Password: Your Number People Passsword
  • Phone Number: Your Number People Username
  • Display Name: Your Number People Username
  • Realm: register.s-ip.co.uk
  • Enable Registration: Checked
Maybe instead of using the domain name register.s-ip.co.uk, try using its IP address instead?

Fanvil G100S Number People Configuration (IP):
  • Server Address: 91.121.110.73
  • Server Port: 5060
  • Authentication User: Your Number People Username
  • Authentication Password: Your Number People Passsword
  • Phone Number: Your Number People Username
  • Display Name: Your Number People Username
  • Realm: 91.121.110.73
  • Enable Registration: Checked
The manual states that the "Realm" can be left empty and it should automatically get the server address so try it as above and if no joy finally try leaving this field empty. Can you confirm if the above helps and if not we can take a look at the "Advanced" settings of your device. :thumbsup:
Attachments:
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Hi Bill, I can definitely advise and help set this up …

Newbie help!

Hello Richard, A good solution for you would be yay.c…

Before you go any further have a read of this: https://…

A few years has passed since my original post and thing…