VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
Hello, I'm very new to this, so I need an idiots guide.

I have managed to setup my various Snom D715 phones by using the handy Voipfone setup wizard, but there is nothing similar for the M325 bundle that arrived today.

I have got as far as registering the handset with the base station, updating the firmware on the base station and trying to create a new server and extension (which resulted in a SIP error) . But I am really out of my depth with this. Does anyone have a walkthrough that I could follow?

I have Googled for the solution, and found a this website which mentions provisioning using plug and play, but I don't think Voipfone supports this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,

As written here: WelshPaul @ Snom M700 & M300 - Voipfone Configuration

Log in to the Snom M300's web based GUI by entering it's IP address into your web browser and select "Servers" in the list located on the left hand side of the page and set the following:

Server Alias: Voipfone (can be anything really)
Registrar: sip.voipfone.net
Outbound Proxy: sip.voipfone.net
Conference Server: sip.voipfone.net
Registration time: 60

Click the "Save" button located on the bottom of the page.

For the record: You probably don't need to enter anything in the "Outbound Proxy" or "Conference Server" fields, for now configure them as above.

Moving on... Next you have to setup an Extension, do so by select "Extensions" in the list located on the left hand side of the page and set the following:

Handset: Select the Snom handset you want to use with this extension!
Extension: Your user ID starting 30 and consisting of 8 digits. E.g. 30100000 [for PBX users enter user ID with *200 at the end, where your extension is 200. E.g. 30100000*200]
Authentication User Name: Your user ID starting 30 and consisting of 8 digits. E.g. 30100000 [for PBX users enter user ID with *200 at the end, where your extension is 200. E.g. 30100000*200]
Authentication Password: Your 6 digit Voipfone password. This can be found in your sign up confirmation email.
Mailbox Number: 1571
Server: Select the server we setup above named "Voipfone".

Again, click the "Save" button located on the bottom of the page.

You should now be up and running? Try dialling 152.
CJT-80 liked this

Anyway, first things first. You need to get your TFTP…

That works a treat - thanks. Have you done something s…

I have no first hand experience with these devices but …

Openstage 40 not updating FW

I don't think the issue you're having is caused by the …