VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By Grandalf
Posts Avatar Topics
I have been using voip for years through Draytek routers. These are easy to use as dial plans are just laid out in tabular form and are self explantory. I have now just ordered an Obi300 to tidy up the system a bit and have some difficulty understanding dial strings. Most of the ones seem to be over complicated and assume you are also using a Pots line, I only use voip. All I am trying to do is when dialling a number starting with 0, I need it to be stripped off and replace with 44 as I need the county code to dial out. Any other starting number should be taken as a local call and insert the regional code. Eg if I dial 123456 I would like to output 441484123456 (01484 is my local code). Any assistance to point me in the right direction would be most welcome.
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Been a while since I looked at oBihai dial plans...

To dial 0148412345 on your telephones keypad and have the OBi300 actually dial the international format then you would use the following dial plan syntax:
Code: Select all
<0:0044>0xxxxxxxxxx
This 0xxxxxxxxxx matches 01484123456 and this <0:0044> matches the 0 and replaces it with 0044 and prepends it to the rest of the dialled number.
By Grandalf
Posts Avatar Topics
Just a further thought. I do not need to dial 0044 to dial out, just 44 instead of 0. so would the following work?
(<0:44>xxx xxx xxx xx | <[1-9]:441484>xxx xxx | 0 [1237] xxx xxx xxx | 00xx.)
Seems to be several ways of writing these thing, getting a litte confused. Very much appreciate and further advice
By WelshPaul
Yea you got it. :ok_hand:

Does Huddersfield have local numbers starting with a 1? If not change [1-9] to [2-9].
By WelshPaul
The following topic should help you understand better how your OBi device works with digit maps:

WelshPaul @ An Introduction to Digit Maps & Call Routing for OBi Devices

Hi @nasarz the PJSIP trunk settings for a Sipgate B…

Anyway, first things first. You need to get your TFTP…

I have no first hand experience with these devices but …

Openstage 40 not updating FW

I don't think the issue you're having is caused by the …