VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By Mobile
Posts Avatar Topics
Hello.

I got 16 DE410 handsets from ebay. Fourteen of them boot ok, the other two display a message showing a fault. Looking for 192.xxx.xxx.xxx for upgrade.

It looks like it is corrupt firmware. I have done the power on-off thing. Nothing.
There is a reset hole on the bottom, should I poke a pin in this to cause a hardware reset?

Does anyone offer training and some setup on this as Sipgate dont seem to offer it. I was looking for a days on site setup/tweaking/training. RG1 2 Location - Reading.

Thanks
By VoipIT
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
Your phone is in rescue mode, you need to re-install its firmware using TFTP.

Follow the instructions below. Your Computer needs to be on the same Network as the phone (192.168.1.x).

For Windows users:
  1. Download the latest firmware for your DE410 from the gigaset website
  2. Open a command prompt window (DOS-box)
  3. Navigate to the DIR where the Firmware file you downloaded in step one is located (don't know how? see here)
  4. Type the following: tftp -i <PHONE-IP-address> PUT filename.img
MAC users:
  1. Download the latest firmware for your DE410 from the gigaset website and save it in users home-DIR
  2. Open a Terminal
  3. Type the following commands:
    Code: Select all
    tftp
    connect <PHONE-IP-address>
    binary
    rexmt 1
    timeout 60
    put <filename.img>
Obviously replace <PHONE-IP-address> with the actual IP address of your DE410 and filename.img with the actual name of the firmware file you downloaded in step one.

I have two asterisk servers (1 running asterisk (box1) …

Sipgate Basic and multiple SIP clients

Ok, thanks. Was worried that using the same sip user in…

Your device was probably listed on Cisco's provisioning…

This means it is very dangerous to post here other t…