VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
Hi guys,

I don't know if this should be normal behaviour or not, but I have a SNOM D785 deskphone and it is connected to a circleloop voip account. When a call comes in, if I pick up the handset the call is not automatically answered, instead I have to then press the headset button for the call to be answered.

Just wondering if there is a way to make the call answer automatically once the handset is lifted up?

Also, I hope its OK asking this question here. I understand that I cannot get support directly from the SNOM forums as I am not a reseller and although I could contact the reseller of the phone (Which is what SNOM advise) I thought this forum might be a good place to ask instead - and also I am hoping to get involved here seeing as I want to learn more about the ins and outs of VOIP.
No it's not normal behaviour. Do you have a headset connected to the phone?

Check the following setting:
Advanced > Behaviour > Accept Incoming Call on Off-hook = On

Failing that, turn the phone upside down and make sure that the handset cord is plugged into the handset port and not the headset port!
davids355 liked this
davids355 wrote:Just after I posted this I had the same thought - checked the phone connections and I had the handset plugged into the headset port. Noob.

Feel free to laugh :sweat_smile:
Hahahahaha we all been there! 😄

I was thinking as I was typing about the "Accept Incoming Call on Off-hook" setting, you shouldn't have any inbound/outbound audio via the handset if you press the headset button because all audio goes via the headset port... The handset must be connected to the headset port. 😂
davids355 liked this
Sipgate Basic and multiple SIP clients

Ok, thanks. Was worried that using the same sip user in…

Your device was probably listed on Cisco's provisioning…

This means it is very dangerous to post here other t…

https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=58#p5950