VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By MikeG
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
Hello, from a new subscriber.

Apologies if I have used incorrect protocols to send this message but I need help sorting out my Grandstream HT813.
I have reached the stage of successfully registering my ATA with sipgate and making several outbound voip calls. However, I am struggling to understand the technicalities of receiving calls.
I have a PTSN number (original) and now I aso have a sipgate number but I cannot receive calls on my PTSN numbe - The phone rings with the right CID but then disconnects before being answered. Furthermore, I have established that incoming calls to my sipgate number work well!
I look forward to any help you can provide.
Thank you, Mike G
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Welcome to the forums @MikeG

I'm having a deja vu moment... If my memory serves me right, it's a timeout issue on the FXO configuration side.

Navigate to the following configuration setting on your HT813:
FXO PORT > Number of Rings: 4

Try changing the default value of 4 to 30 and don't forget to click on the 'Update' button located on the bottom of the page after making the change.
By WelshPaul
Is this device using default settings or have you updated it with the required UK configuration? By default these devices are configured for use in North America...
By WelshPaul
Have a read of this: UK Regional Settings for Grandstream telephone adaptors (ATA's).

Implement the changes as shown in the above guide and you're device should be fully configured for use in the UK. 👍

Voipfone announced earlier this evening (via their soci…

I did enable syslog to see if it was running anything p…

Hi I have purchased the grandstream HT812 im sure it …

Smartwatch question? (Non Apple)

I own the Galaxy Watch 3 and the Galaxy watch 4 Classic…