VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By iamthecount
Posts Avatar Topics
So the guy who set up my snom system using voipfone has disappeared and there's some handsets I can't log into as I'm trying to work out how to update them.

I'm guessing I can reset them to factory, but I really don't have the expertise to reinstall them again I think.

I know the IP address, but I've tried "admin" and "admin" and no joy so I suspect they have a certain login and password - is there a way to get access to them somehow?
By @UKVoIPForums
Posts Likes Avatar Topics
Try: 0000 (4 zeros)

Did you purchase the handsets from Voipfone? If you did, the handsets should be registered on Voipfone's provisioning server and they should be able to change the password back to "admin" for you (remotely - unless your guy disabled provisioning too).

Failing that you will have to factory reset the devices. You can use the Voipfone setup wizard to configure them for you, takes a few seconds:
https://www.voipfone.co.uk/Snom_Setup_Wizard.php
By WelshPaul
Posts Signature Likes Avatar Topics
Did you try the default password 0000 ?
iamthecount wrote:looking at the instructions its not clear which I need to download. That said, on the desk phone it states I have snom760-SIP 8.7.5.35?
You don't need to change the firmware version.
  1. Factory reset the phone
  2. Go here, scroll down the page, enter the IP address of the phone and run the setup wizard.
  3. Your done!

My HT801 was configured for another UK provider. I rea…

Sip to PSTN lines gateway

Hi All I am looking for a gateway that will allow a le…

Hi all! We have Cisco 7941 phones that we are battlein…

TalkTalk -residential VOIP

Do not touch it. No incomming caller ID no call rou…