VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By GoofyCyborg
There are a few ways to implement what you want, below you will find two examples...
  1. Use a line key as a speed dial...

To do this log in to the phones web based GUI and navigate to Voice > Phone tab > Line Key N:

Extension: Disabled Short Name: SeedDial

Share Call Appearance: private

Extended Function: fnc=sd;ext=*310#@$PROXY

Where: Line Key N, simply select an unused line key.
  2. Assign up to 8 regular speed dials without using Line Keys...

Again log in to the phones web GUI and navigate to User tab > Speed Dial > Speed Dial N:

Enter *310# in one of the speed dial boxes... For example Speed Dial 2: *310#

To dial the speed dial just press the number 2 key and then press the soft dial key.
As your using a short code as a speed dial it has to be a feature implemented by your VoIP provider and not a feature of the phone itself.
By Jake1978
GoofyCyborg wrote:There are a few ways to implement what you want, below you will find two examples...
  1. Use a line key as a speed dial...

To do this log in to the phones web based GUI and navigate to Voice > Phone tab > Line Key N:

Extension: Disabled Short Name: SeedDial

Share Call Appearance: private

Extended Function: fnc=sd;ext=*310#@$PROXY

Where: Line Key N, simply select an unused line key.
  2. Assign up to 8 regular speed dials without using Line Keys...

Again log in to the phones web GUI and navigate to User tab > Speed Dial > Speed Dial N:

Enter *310# in one of the speed dial boxes... For example Speed Dial 2: *310#

To dial the speed dial just press the number 2 key and then press the soft dial key.
As your using a short code as a speed dial it has to be a feature implemented by your VoIP provider and not a feature of the phone itself.
So I did it. The phone displays "Invalid Number".
By GoofyCyborg
You could use the dialplan syntax I suppose...

Try adding |<2#:*310#>S0 to the end of your dialplan. The dial 2# that should dial out *310#.

EDIT: This may not work as the 2# will transmit as DTMF. Hmmm

If it does not work go back to my original reply but try this: Extended Function: fnc=sd;ext=*310#
By WelshPaul
I'm pretty sure this isn't possible on the SPA series phones, I'm sure I stumbled upon a similar requirement over a year ago with a Voipfone feature code. I actually have 2x Cisco SPA525g2's gathering dust on a shelf, I will grab one tomorrow and have a play see if I can find a work around. :thumbsup:

If it was an ATA I was going to recommend you programme the speed dial into the actual handset rather than the ATA.
By WelshPaul
Hi Jake,

Sorry for the long delay before getting back to you. I did test this on the weekend and there was no way to make it work.

I contacted Cisco and they say there is no way to implement this feature on their handsets.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Thank you for the reply voipIT. Yes SIP ALG is th…

New VoIP set up query

Hi Everyone, I’ve just joined the forum and…

Refurbished Snom 300 I have a few refurbished Sn…

Ah that's a shame. It was possible on my old SL56'…

Check out our Amazon top picks