VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By sirtalkalot
I have just bought the above phone from ebay. I have tried to set it up and it has requested an admin password in the web based console. I don't have it and the seller hasn't provided it. I've done a factory reset, a firmware upgrade, I've done a restart and pressed the speaker phone button 3 times. None of these things have helped and I'm still getting a user name and password request. Is there any way to bypass or hack into the admin on the web based consol?

Thanks

Best answer by WelshPaul » Tue 20th May 2014, 12:56
sirtalkalot wrote:Is there any way to bypass or hack into the admin on the web based consol?
No, if there was there would be no point having passwords to start with. :-/

The telephone you purchased from eBay may be locked to an ITSP and if it is, only they can unlock it. If the seller is unable to provide you with the correct login information, return it!

Don't be put off, get another one! The Cisco SPA525G is a great phone, I have two on my desk right now. :-D

View Post

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
sirtalkalot wrote:Is there any way to bypass or hack into the admin on the web based consol?
No, if there was there would be no point having passwords to start with. :-/

The telephone you purchased from eBay may be locked to an ITSP and if it is, only they can unlock it. If the seller is unable to provide you with the correct login information, return it!

Don't be put off, get another one! The Cisco SPA525G is a great phone, I have two on my desk right now. :-D
Gigaset N300A IP

Thanks for checking, I was curious, wondering if w…

Pitney Bowes Franking Machine

Im with FP and their tech team is very good with r…

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…