VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By mpmc
Hi folks,

After a certain amount of time the Obi110 seems to play up and just generate what I can only describe as white noise/static when picking up the handset. :eh:
I've heard it a couple of times and the only fix is to reboot the Obi110. I know it isn't the phone as I've heard it on a number of phones previously.

Any clues as to what could be causing the Obi110 to do this?

TIA!
By WelshPaul
Sorry I have not replied sooner. I have been busy working on the forums server.

White Noise... That's a new one on me! Going by this thread: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3814.0 and the links it contains it sounds like the device may be faulty. :(
By mpmc
WelshPaul wrote:Sorry I have not replied sooner. I have been busy working on the forums server.

White Noise... That's a new one on me! Going by this thread: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3814.0 and the links it contains it sounds like the device may be faulty. :(
ObihaiMark wrote:I hadn't come across this until looking at the link WelshPaul posted - I would recommend trying the 100Mb full duplex option first and if that doesn't work feel free to reach out to me directly so we can discuss what to do next.
Thanks for replying both!

Unfortunately I distinctly remember setting that option when I first setup the Obi110 after reading a few threads on ObiTalk regarding audio problems, I thought it was best to set that option rather than deal with it later on. (I double checked, Mr. Obi tells me that option 27 is set to 1 (100mbps).)

Whilst it isn't too much of a problem at present it can be rather annoying I just hope it doesn't get worse.

Any settings or options I could try?

Cheers.
By WelshPaul
I would get it replaced under warranty!

I'm not sure how you go about that though here in the UK... http://www.obihai.com/faq/About-the-OBi ... or-the-OBi

I'm guessing normally you just return it through your place of purchase. ObihaiMark should have the answer to that one, wait for his reply. :)
By mpmc
WelshPaul wrote:I would get it replaced under warranty!

I'm not sure how you go about that though here in the UK... http://www.obihai.com/faq/About-the-OBi ... or-the-OBi

I'm guessing normally you just return it through your place of purchase. ObihaiMark should have the answer to that one, wait for his reply. :)
Unfortunately it's OOW, I got it from Amazon on 20 April 2013 from the Obi store.
By GoofyCyborg
Hi guys,
mpmc wrote:Hi folks,

After a certain amount of time the Obi110 seems to play up and just generate what I can only describe as white noise/static when picking up the handset. :eh:
I've heard it a couple of times and the only fix is to reboot the Obi110. I know it isn't the phone as I've heard it on a number of phones previously.

TIA!
Not sure if your on cable or ADSL for broadband? If it's ADSL then try replacing your filter as that may well be the cause of your white noise. :)
By mpmc
GoofyCyborg wrote:Hi guys,
mpmc wrote:Hi folks,

TIA!
Not sure if your on cable or ADSL for broadband? If it's ADSL then try replacing your filter as that may well be the cause of your white noise. :)
Thanks for the reply.
I'm on VDSL and the filter is built into the faceplate.

Unfortunately due to living out in the sticks we get a bad connection (20mbps VDSL!) and I know our line is impacted (Bridge Tap) - I'm just wondering whether the line being impacted would cause such an issue seeing as the wiki page mentions "just a “T” (or branch) in the cable. Thus the bridge presents an impedance mismatch" (I could be wrong, feel free to correct).

On a side note the echo has since returned. :(

I'm honestly getting fed up of having a landline but unfortunately we have no other option, Everything else is just too expensive! I've even contacted Virgin to ask if they'd cable our street seeing as they have services just up the road from us, their response was "Sorry too expensive.." :problem:
By WelshPaul
I live in the city of Swansea... Half a mile from the main BT exchange as the crow flies and the best BT can do is 20mb fibre! :thumbsdown:

I know we are covering old ground here but factory reset the device, set it back up with just your voip providers proxy, username and password and leave everything else as is and see if these issues are still present. (Don't connect it to your PSTN line, make and receive a call or two over voip) I would also plug your corded phone into the phone socket directly and check for any noise on the line itself.

If after all that you have no joy I would just replace the unit. I have tested an OBi202 with an OBiLINE against a Virgin Media PSTN line and that worked flawlessly.

Not sure if mare got an email notification about your reply to the thread, I moved the site over to a new server. I know he's been very busy, will drop him an email hopefully he will reply shortly.
By mpmc
WelshPaul wrote:I live in the city of Swansea... Half a mile from the main BT exchange as the crow flies and the best BT can do is 20mb fibre! :thumbsdown:

I know we are covering old ground here but factory reset the device, set it back up with just your voip providers proxy, username and password and leave everything else as is and see if these issues are still present. (Don't connect it to your PSTN line, make and receive a call or two over voip) I would also plug your corded phone into the phone socket directly and check for any noise on the line itself.

If after all that you have no joy I would just replace the unit. I have tested an OBi202 with an OBiLINE against a Virgin Media PSTN line and that worked flawlessly.

Not sure if mare got an email notification about your reply to the thread, I moved the site over to a new server. I know he's been very busy, will drop him an email hopefully he will reply shortly.
I don't actually use any VOIP providers at the moment just PSTN, but I will give resetting the device and re-configure a go.

I'm not getting any notifications either..
By WelshPaul
Notifications should be ok, I fixed it earlier. I made a schoolboy error and forgot to update the forum config with the correct SMTP password after the switch. I just got a notification of your post so fingers crossed you get one from mine. :)

Mark has offered to swap yours out, I would take up his offer just in case yours is faulty. Be interesting to find out. :)
By mpmc
WelshPaul wrote:Notifications should be ok, I fixed it earlier. I made a schoolboy error and forgot to update the forum config with the correct SMTP password after the switch. I just got a notification of your post so fingers crossed you get one from mine. :)

Mark has offered to swap yours out, I would take up his offer just in case yours is faulty. Be interesting to find out. :)
I can't thank him enough for offering to swap it out! :D

I'm just in the process of resetting the device, I've made a note of the settings currently in use (which are below), if you see anything you think should be changed let me know!
Code: Select all
ITSP Profile A
	General
		DigitMap
			(999|112|101|111|116000|116111|116123|1471|1571|0[15]xxxxxxxxx?|0[27]x xxxx xxxx|0800xxx xxxx?|0808xxx xxxx|08001111|08[47]x xxx xxxx|0845464x|03xx xxx xxxx|118xxx|100|155|195|09xx xxx xxxx|00xxx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
		ProxyServer
	SIP
		X_SpoofCallerID
			True
		X_UseRefer
			True
SP1 Service
	SP1 Service
		X_InboundCallRoute
			li
		SIP Credentials
			Username
				PSTN
			Password
				Password
		Calling Features
			MWIEnable
				True
			MessageWaiting
				False
			X_AcceptDialogSubscription
				True
			X_AcceptLinePortStatusSubscription
				True
SP2 Service
	SP2 Service
		SIP Credentials
			Username
				1000 / Phone user on PBX
			Password
				Password
		Calling Features
			MWIEnable
				True
			MessageWaiting
				False
OBiTALK Service
	OBiTALK Service Settings
		Enable
			False
PHONE Port
	PHONE Port
		DigitMap
			([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|999|112|101|111|116000|116111|116123|1471|1571|100|155|195|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
		OutboundCallRoute
			{(<#:>|999|112|17070|150):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{sp2}
		PrimaryLine
			SP2 Service
	Ringer
		RingFrequency
		RingWaveform
			Trapezoidal
	Port Settings
		OnHookTipRingVoltage
		OffHookCurrentMax
		Impedance
			370+(620|310nF)
		CallerIDMethod
			FSK(V.23)
		CallerIDTrigger
			Before First Ring
	Calling Features
		CallCommandSignalMethod
			Nordic Regions (R2, R1..)
		EnableLINEPortBargeIn
			True
		EnableDoubleHookFlash
			False
	Timers
		HookFlashTimeMax
		HookFlashTimeMin
		CPCDuration
LINE Port
	LINE Port
		DigitMap
			(999|112|101|111|116000|116111|116123|1471|1571|0[15]xxxxxxxxx?|0[27]x xxxx xxxx|0800xxx xxxx?|0808xxx xxxx|08001111|08[47]x xxx xxxx|0845464x|03xx xxx xxxx|118xxx|100|155|195|09xx xxx xxxx|[2-8]xxxx.|9[0-8]xxx.|99[^9]xx.|00xxx.|xx.)
		InboundCallRoute
			SP1
		RingDelay
		DetectOutboundConnectMethod
			None
	Calling Features
		CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable
			False
	PSTN Disconnect Detection
		DetectPolarityReversal
			False
		SilenceTimeThreshold