VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By ObihaiMark
GoofyCyborg wrote:Hello Mark,

If he factory resets the device will he lose those pre-loaded settings? Paul has sent me one of his OBi202's to play with and I must say I'm very impressed with the unit! :)
I'm glad you are liking the OBi! Yes, if you factory reset then the xml needs to be restored to the device first then all other settings applied after that
By mpmc
Just an update,
I've received the Obi110 ObihaiMark has sent (Many thanks!) and will set it up ASAP.

I'll observe it for a good few months then depending on the outcome return one of the devices.
  • If the good obi110 works fine and doesn't suffer with the white noise, I'll return the faulty one for diagnosis!
  • If the good obi110 suffers with the same issue, I'll return that instead as it obviously has to be something to do with our line.
  • If none of the above work, I'll more than likely buy a newer Obi model and give that a go. See if the improved model makes a difference!
Time will tell I suppose!

And once again many thanks to ObihaiMark for sending out a replacement for me to test!
By mpmc
WelshPaul wrote:Glad to see you got the replacement. Fingers crossed everything works 100% for you from here on in. :thumbsup:
Well, it's in place and so far so good.

The digitmap caused me a few headaches though, I'd setup Freepbx to handle 1571/1471 due to BT charging 20p for a call return and wondered why the pbx wasn't picking it up, took me 10 minutes of going through the config checking for any mistakes to realise that the digitmap was telling the obi to send it directly through the line! :roll: :lol:

I did notice the firmware was 2815M whereas my older one was 2824, I've asked Mark what it means :p
By mpmc
Hey guys,

I was checking the status of a current call via the Obi110 (the one ObihaiMark sent) and noticed that there were a few lost packets amongst others and I'm wondering whether this has anything to do with the echo we're experiencing? (we have yet to hear the white noise!)

Below is a silence test via 17070.
Code: Select all
Terminal ID	PHONE1	SP2
State	connected	connected
Peer Name		
Peer Number	17070	17070
Start Time	19:04:27	19:04:27
Duration	00:02:17	00:02:17
Direction	Outbound	Outbound
Peer RTP Address		192.168.1.6:10942
Local RTP Address		192.168.1.12:16674
RTP Transport		UDP
Audio Codec		tx=G711A; rx=G711A
RTP Packetization (ms)		tx=20; rx=20
RTP Packet Count		tx=6894; rx=6888
RTP Byte Count		tx=1184676; rx=1184736
Peer Clock Differential Rate		6 PPM
Packets In Jitter Buffer		7
Packets Out-Of-Order		0
Packets (10ms) Interpolated		6
Packets Late (Dropped)		0
Packets Lost		2
Packet Loss Rate		0 %
Packet Drop Rate		0 %
Jitter Buffer Length		150 ms
Received Interarrival Jitter		1 ms
DTMF Digits Received		0
Jitter Buffer Underruns		0
Jitter Buffer Overruns		0
Sequence number discontinuities		2
skew compensation		0 ms
send silence		0
Call 2          	

Terminal 1	Terminal 2
Terminal ID	SP1	LINE1
State	connected	connected
Peer Name		
Peer Number	0247639****	17070
Start Time	19:04:27	19:04:28
Duration	00:02:17	00:02:17
Direction	Inbound	Outbound
Peer RTP Address	192.168.1.6:12432	
Local RTP Address	192.168.1.12:16676	
RTP Transport	UDP	
Audio Codec	tx=G711A; rx=G711A	
RTP Packetization (ms)	tx=20; rx=20	
RTP Packet Count	tx=6892; rx=6891	
RTP Byte Count	tx=1185424; rx=1183848	
Peer Clock Differential Rate	5 PPM	
Packets In Jitter Buffer	7	
Packets Out-Of-Order	0	
Packets (10ms) Interpolated	9	
Packets Late (Dropped)	3	
Packets Lost	4	
Packet Loss Rate	0 %	
Packet Drop Rate	0 %	
Jitter Buffer Length	150 ms	
Received Interarrival Jitter	1 ms	
DTMF Digits Received	1	
Jitter Buffer Underruns	3	
Jitter Buffer Overruns	0	
Sequence number discontinuities	4	
skew compensation	0 ms	
send silence	0	
By WelshPaul
Refresh my brain...

You have an OBi110 with a phone connected to it's phone port, your PSTN connected to the PSTN port and the OBi110 is connected to your network via Ethernet cable right? You also have a Raspberry PI running RasPBX and I gather the Raspberry PI is connected to your network via Ethernet also? The OBI110 registers to the RasPBX but your not actually using any VoIP provider?
By mpmc
WelshPaul wrote:Refresh my brain...

You have an OBi110 with a phone connected to it's phone port, your PSTN connected to the PSTN port and the OBi110 is connected to your network via Ethernet cable right? You also have a Raspberry PI running RasPBX and I gather the Raspberry PI is connected to your network via Ethernet also? The OBI110 registers to the RasPBX but your not actually using any VoIP provider?
Code: Select all

NTE5 [Downstairs]
                       |   <- Long CAT6 cable
       Openreach modem [upstairs]
                       |
              TP-Link router [Openwrt/Gargoyle] 
                       |
Samknows broadband monitoring switch/router
                       |
                      /|\
 PCs <- Switch   |  switch -> Pi / etc.
           Powerline [Downstairs]
                       |
                  Obihai110
The powerline adapter is a fairly recent addition but I was experiencing this problem before that even existed [I've tried without it as well]

I also forgot to add..

The Obi passes the Line to the Pi which handles everything, then passes the calls back to the Obi's phone port [which is registered to the Pi via SIP]
By WelshPaul
Powerline adaptors are not very good at all, understand why people use them if it's a case of no other choice though. What revision Pi do you have? Is it the latest 512mb board or the older 256mb board? I'm no expert on RasPBX but the PI is not the fastest bit of kit and I'm wondering if the echo is a result of a delay by the PI/RasPBX... Have you updated the PI's OS?

A few lost packets wouldn't cause an echo on the line (Usually). Packet loss though is never good! I take it you have tried all the usual steps recommended such as:

http://www.voipmechanic.com/correcting- ... terisk.htm
http://www.voipmechanic.com/echo-correction.htm
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste ... +avoidance

I'm going to do a bit of research on this and see what I can come up with! :\
By mpmc
WelshPaul wrote:Powerline adaptors are not very good at all, understand why people use them if it's a case of no other choice though. What revision Pi do you have? Is it the latest 512mb board or the older 256mb board? I'm no expert on RasPBX but the PI is not the fastest bit of kit and I'm wondering if the echo is a result of a delay by the PI/RasPBX... Have you updated the PI's OS?

A few lost packets wouldn't cause an echo on the line (Usually). I'm going to do a bit of research on this and see what I can come up with! :\
Bold: I completely agree, I did plan to use a router as wireless bridge but that wasn't very reliable either.

I'm using the older 256Mb board which I've overclocked.

I'm planning on setting up my old nettop [Emachines ER1401] with freepbx over the weekend to see if that makes any difference.
By WelshPaul
mpmc wrote:I'm planning on setting up my old nettop [Emachines ER1401] with freepbx over the weekend to see if that makes any difference.
I think this is the way to go if you have an old computer or netbook to hand! I'm sure you can create bootable discs/usb sticks now too so you don't even have to wipe a machine to try. I would also look at sorting out the packet loss, I was going to ask if the WIFI coverage was any good where the OBi110 was as you may have been better off using an OBi2xx device with the OBiWIFI adapter however this is all more outlay. :thumbsdown:

Is this echo there all the time?
By mpmc
WelshPaul wrote:
mpmc wrote:I'm planning on setting up my old nettop [Emachines ER1401] with freepbx over the weekend to see if that makes any difference.
I think this is the way to go if you have an old computer or netbook to hand! I'm sure you can create bootable discs/usb sticks now too so you don't even have to wipe a machine to try. I would also look at sorting out the packet loss, I was going to ask if the WIFI coverage was any good where the OBi110 was as you may have been better off using an OBi2xx device with the OBiWIFI adapter however this is all more outlay. :thumbsdown:

Is this echo there all the time?
Not all the time, using the cheap corded phone the echo slowly fades then disappears but it also depends on how loud you yack into the phone.
By WelshPaul
This is what confuses me... Going by your last reply it appears to be hardware related. Adjusting the rx/tx gain should resolve this! (I know it hasn't in your case) I can see from some of your previous comments regarding your hardware/software setup that you appear to know your stuff more so than the casual VoIP user.

If speaking up increases the echo then this points to the phone being the cause, again rc/tx gain should fix this. Try taking the PI and RasPBX out of your setup and test it with freepbx using a netbook or something as stated earlier.

I have a Pi (revision B 512mb) and I think I have a spare memory card laying around somewhere (I don't want to overwrite the one in use by the PI) when I find it I will install RasPBX and test your setup using an OBi202 with OBiLINE installed and see if I get any echo with a similar setup. Will probably be Sunday that I try this.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…