VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By brackenhill_mob
My POTS provider gives us free evening and weekend calls. It seems silly not to take advantage of this!

Is it possible route calls during these times to always use the POTS line?

And if so, how?

[i have an OBi110 but I'm guessing a solution would work for all OBi adapters yes/no?]

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
brackenhill_mob wrote:That's what I feared.

However thinking laterally I may have come up with a cunning plan using curl and cron running inside my router ...

If I crack it, I'll post my solution here
Let us know how you get on, I know a few people who use asterisk to achieve what your attempting simply down to the fact their hardware isn't capable of it either. :crazy:
By SteveAtVoIP2Go
brackenhill_mob wrote:Is it possible route calls during these times to always use the POTS line?

And if so, how?
I'm new to Obi's, so I just want to understand your question a little better. I'm guessing you are aware that you can make calls out of the POTS line by dialling ** 8

Is your aim to have the time schedule automatically redirect calls to POTS if you forget to dial ** 8 between certain hours of the day?
By WelshPaul
brackenhill_mob wrote:I've solved this and written a HOWTO here - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=330

[Paul - can you change the subject to [SOLVED] please so others know? I can't find a way to edit it or my own messages. Thanks]
Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Thanks for coming back and sharing your fix with the rest of us. I have updated The subject title as requested. :)

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…