VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By jez78
Hi, I originally bought this to use with Skype about five years ago. That was a *Bleep* up on my behalf, as it doesn't work with Skype (do more research next time!) I was delighted to find that now I am using voipfone I might be able to use it now so that I can have PC-less voip availability.

I set it up, its working ok but I can't get the Caller ID to work, whether it is a PSTN call or a SIP call. The voipfone support forum isn't great but it seems that it is not possible to have CID on PSTN calls that go through the VPA-11. I can live with this for now, but it is supposed to show the CID on SIP calls, but it doesn't.

Has anybody managed to get one of these working fully?

PS I'm very impressed by the voipfone service & website so far! :-)
By jez78
Ok, no need to answer the question, followed Pluscom instructions for flashing the firmware (done this loads of times for different things) and have 10 years PC support experience so I knew what I was doing! It killed it LOL dead as a door nail but now less useful. Still it was only £20 and I had pretty much written it off after it wouldn't work with Skype the 1st time round!

Right I need a new SIP ATA, any recommendations? :-)
By WelshPaul
Oh my - that's not good! :thumbsdown:

Check out the obihai 1xx series ATA's over on amazon.co.uk. I have become a massive fan of these devices lately! :thumbsup:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... rds=Obihai

Or if your budget allows the 2xx series. The Ciso stuff is not what it once was when Linksys was around... Well in my opinion. :)