VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Trustever wrote:the DECT Phone links to the OBI using the cable included in the box, the OBI using the Telco Port connect to the wall socket using a Generic RJ11 (M) to BT (M) Socket Cable
I have not purchased a retail OBi110 unit myself, I'm guessing it came with a power adaptor, a single RJ11 to RJ11 cable and the OBi110 adator itself?

If so, the cable supplied with the OBi110 an RJ11 to RJ11 is not for connecting a phone to the OBi110, it's supplied to connect the OBi110 to a US PSTN line. Annoying for us UK customers!

You need to use the cable supplied with your DECT phone and plug it into the adaptor I linked to above, this in turn plugs into the back of the OBi110 phone port. It contains a ring capacitor that is required here in the UK to make the phone ring.

The RJ11 to RJ11 connects to the telco port and you need a RJ11 to BT adaptor to connect it to the BT PSTN line as shown here: http://www.dcdi.co.uk/product/356/adapt ... wwodkLoAhQ

See: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=326

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By Trustever
The box contained apart from the eternet cable to connect to the router and the power plug

1.a cable RJ11 (M) to RJ11 (M) that I have used to connect the OBi110 to the base of the DECT Phone
2. a cable very RJ11 (M) to US PSTN that I have no use for

and I have purchase separately this cable that goes from the Telco Line port on the OBi 110 to the BT wall socket
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-RJ11-So ... y_ce_img_y.

What I wonder is could I have used the some old cable that initially connected the DECT Phone to the BT Wall Socket to plug in the OBI Telco Line port ?

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…