VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
If there's more than one VoIP phone/device on the same local network, the following local UDP port numbering scheme will avoid port conflicts.

For each SIP Phone or device you add, please increment the Local SIP UDP Port and RTP Port values by 100:
ports.png
ports.png (7.51 KiB) Viewed 31065 times
Most devices are pre-configured on the following ports:
  • Local SIP Port: 5060
  • Local RTP Port: 5004
Make the following changes on one of your SIP devices:
  • Local SIP Port: 5160
  • Local RTP Port: 5104
For the next VoIP phone or device please use:
  • Listen SIP Port: 5260
  • Listen RTP Port: 5204
Notes: If you encounter issues adjust your router Settings to port-forward the Local (UDP) ports to the IP of the equipment.

In Snom device settings the Listen SIP Port is called the 'Network Identity Port'.
Some devices call the Listen RTP Ports 'Media Ports'.

If your SIP Device requires a Start and End Listen RTP Port to be specified, please use RTP port ranges for your devices of the form 5004-5020, 5104-5120, etc.

Some multi-line SIP devices used a Global Listen SIP Port (e.g Siemens Gigaset and Snom devices).

For other multi-line devices each active Account or Line on the device will use a different Listen SIP Port (e.g. Grandstream, Yealink deskphones, Cisco and Linksys Small Business devices).

Please continue the above incremental port numbering for devices that allow each Account or Line to be given a different Listen SIP Port.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
jonjonscove wrote:I was wondering if you could achieve the same effect by incrementing the port numbers by other values such as fifty or twenty. Or is there a technical requirement for incrementing the port value by 100.
You can do this, I just used the default value of 100 for incrementing to reduce the risk of any clashes. :thumbsup:
By WelshPaul
kylerlittle wrote:That's really interesting, I thought it was possible but it's legal right?
Of course. Why would you think it wouldn't be? :-o
By kylerlittle
WelshPaul wrote:
kylerlittle wrote:That's really interesting, I thought it was possible but it's legal right?
Of course. Why would you think it wouldn't be? :-o
I don't know. I'm a weirdo, lol. I worry about laws cuz some things are not legal and they don't make sense.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…