VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By lillablou
I have purchased some big button twin DECT phones made by BT Model number 4500: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 151242.htm

I connected them to my voip box and can make and receive calls ok however ever minute or so the display shows a new missed call; the phones don't ring and when I view the missed call list it displays No number. How do I stop this?

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Sounds like you have Visual Message Waiting Indicator enabled within the 'SPx Service' page.

If configuring locally... Enter the IP address of your VoIP adaptor (box) into your web page URL field - Click on the 'Voice Services' tab > then 'SP1 Service' (if SP1 is the one configured with your VoIP service provider) > Remove the tick from the 'X_VMWIEnable' parameter and click on the 'Submit' button on the bottom of the page. Now finally click on 'Reboot' located on the top right of the web page and wait for your device to reboot.

If you originally configured your device via the OBiTALK portal following the above instructions will be of no use; Visual Message Waiting Indicator will be re-enabled once OBiTALK pushes it's configuration back to the device. Follow these instructions instead...

Go to http://www.obitalk.com and log in to the portal, look for the device your having the issue with (if you have more than one OBi device registered) click on settings icon... You now need to enter the 'Expert Configuration' page, once there click on the 'Voice Services' tab > then 'SP1 Service' (if SP1 is the one configured with your VoIP service provider) > Remove the tick from the 'X_VMWIEnable' parameter and click on the 'Submit' button on the bottom of the page. No need to reboot, the settings will be sent to your device and it will reboot shortly.

That should sort out your missed calls issue.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…