VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By mylesm
Hello from Ireland

I posted over on the set up forum on OBITALK that I was having a delay before the outbound phone call went through

It was suggested I make mods to my Digitmap and I did and it seems to be working great

I would like to get a handle on call-forwarding

I have an OBI-100 with SP1 set up with blueface a VOIP provider here in Ireland it works great

I only use this as my home phone and was hoping to forward calls to my cell phone when I am out

Do I need to set up a new VOIP on SP2 to send the forward call on to my cell

I tried to forward unconditional in my obi and entered my cell no but phone still rings I am thinking this is because SP1 cannot accept incoming call and forward it as well

this was advised on obitalk

Get a free account at Sip2Sip or Callcentric.
Install a softphone on your cell.
Then forward the call like this:
sp1(your_acct@sip2sip.info;ui=$1)
or
sp1(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com;ui=$1)

ui=$1 will pass the CallerID

Instead of forwarding, you can have both phones ring simultaneously.
Now you don't have to turn forwarding on/off.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp1(your_acct@sip2sip.info;ui=$1)

Itried this and I can ring my sip2sip a/c from a softphone on my pc to a softphone on my mobile and it works

But the obi will not forward it to my sip2sip if i wnable unconditional forwarding my home phone does not ring and the mobile call disconnects

As you can see I am new to this so any advise appreciated

I also will be asking how to block certain numbers but thats for later

thanks again

mylesm
By WelshPaul
mylesm wrote:Do I need to set up a new VOIP on SP2 to send the forward call on to my cell
Yes you do. :)
mylesm wrote:I tried to forward unconditional in my obi and entered my cell no but phone still rings I am thinking this is because SP1 cannot accept incoming call and forward it as well
Correct.
mylesm wrote:this was advised on obitalk

Get a free account at Sip2Sip or Callcentric.
Install a softphone on your cell.
Then forward the call like this:
sp1(your_acct@sip2sip.info;ui=$1)
or
sp1(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com;ui=$1)

ui=$1 will pass the CallerID

Instead of forwarding, you can have both phones ring simultaneously.
Now you don't have to turn forwarding on/off.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp1(your_acct@sip2sip.info;ui=$1)

Itried this and I can ring my sip2sip a/c from a softphone on my pc to a softphone on my mobile and it works

But the obi will not forward it to my sip2sip if i wnable unconditional forwarding my home phone does not ring and the mobile call disconnects

As you can see I am new to this so any advise appreciated

I also will be asking how to block certain numbers but thats for later

thanks again

mylesm
Several ways to forward/divert calls on an OBi. The correct format to enter in to Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: would be {ph,sp2(your_acct@sip2sip.info;ui=$1)} but... This does not work for me unless I remove ;ui=$1 from the script.

Trouble is then the caller ID I get on my mobile is that of SP2 and not the callers. I have an asterisk server running here and I think that's the reason why ;ui=$1 does not work for me.