VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By mylesm
I am doing it through Local GUI and I have obitalk provisioning disabled and if i look at digitmap now its showing the new one

numbers are ringing perfect now with handsets registered to old ip base but I dont have all facilites on handsets as the base is much older but numbers ring through immediatly
By WelshPaul
I haven't ditched you, was waiting for Mark to post. All I got left to suggest is to factory reset the device and upload the Irish XML file located here http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8742.0 then try calling your mobile.

You could try inserting the last Dialplan I posted into both profiles A+B though should you wish to hold off with a factory reset. Remember to submit the changes and reboot.
By WelshPaul
If you want to PM me your mobile number I will test the dialplan again tomorrow this time entering your mobile number. Your mobile will not ring as I will not be using any country code. I will or should get a recorded message from my VoIP provider informing me the number I have dialled has not been recognised. (Or something to that effect)

I find it very odd that it's not working your end. I can't believe something so simple has taken us into page 4! :D
By WelshPaul
Thanks for the private message, I successfully inserted the last dialplan I posted into my OBi1032 and dialled your mobile number. The number was matched to the dialplan within two seconds and the call was terminated with a call failed error around the 4 second mark as expected. (The number is an invalid UK number, needs the international prefix remember.)

So why isn't it working for you? :*Bleep*:

Not sure why the OBi1xx does not have the DigitMapLongTimer and DigitMapShortTimer timers either, that kinda sucks. :thumbsdown:

I am not aware of any other settings that would cause this kind of issue. Can you send me a XML backup of your OBi100 by going to System Management > Device Update and click on backup under Backup Configuration. Make sure all the check boxes are empty and don't worry the OBi's do not backup any passwords.

I am confident that a factory reset and re-installation of the Irish XML file will fix your issue but would be good to know the cause.

I will private message you an email address to send the XML file to.
By WelshPaul
I just called my mobile number from my dect phones connected to an obi202... If I insert the number first then take the phone off hook it starts dialling and takes four seconds for the DTMF tones to stop transmitting, it takes a further 9 seconds for my mobile to ring and the same amount of time before I hear the "ring ring" in my dect phones headset.

I just spoke to someone at Voipfone and this is normal when ringing mobile phones over VoIP apparantly. There is a longer period of silence compared to calling landlines, I must admit watching that video you sent me felt like ages had passed. I will send you a video shortly of my attempt to ring my mobile for comparison.

Edit: If I take the dect phone off hook and dial it takes 4 seconds to ring through after the number is matched.
By WelshPaul
Ok so to update others who may come across this thread I have done a bit more research on this.

If dialling a mobile from a Snom 870 or OBi1032 it takes exactly 6 seconds for the call to route through and ring a mobile. Calling mobiles add an extra 3-4 seconds to the length of time the call takes to route compared to calling landlines as it has extra hops at the network level. If I call a landline number from either of these phones it routes through in approx 2 seconds.

Simple terms: From your Phone/ATA > Over internet > VoIP provider > PSTN switch > Mobile operators network > Mast to mobile.

Some DECT phones add a further 2 or 3 seconds on top like my BT 4500's.

I take note of what you said in your email about factory resetting your OBi100 and uploading the Irish XML file resulted in the following dialplan:
Code: Select all
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
It should have been updated to reflect:
(112|999|[2-9]xxxxxx|023[2-9]xxxxxx|02[24-9][2-9]xxxx|01[2-9]xxxxxx|118xx|04[0-79]xxxxxxx|0[5679]xxxxxxxx|0818xxxxxx|08[2-9][012346789]xxxxxx|08[2-9]5xxxxxxx|18xxxxxxxx|15xxxxxxxx|048xxxxxxxx|00442xxxxxxxxx|00441xxxxxxxxx|00443xxxxxxxxx|00447xxxxxxxxx|00448xxxxxxxxx|00449xxxxxxxxx|0033xxxxxxxxx|001xxxxxxxxxx|0034xxxxxxxxx|00x.|19xx|171|14x.|<10:3000>|<1191:303>|xx.|+xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
As I don't own a OBi100 I am unable to test the Irish XML file but will ask Mark to test it.

You stated in your email that after resetting your OBi100 and uploading the last dialplan I posted as shown below (which adds the ability to dial 06xxxxxxx numbers) now results in the call to your mobile routing through in 6 seconds, so 2 seconds to get a match with the dialplan and a further 4 seconds to route the call. I can confirm that this is normal behaviour.
(112|999|[2-9]xxxxxx|023[2-9]xxxxxx|02[24-9][2-9]xxxx|01[2-9]xxxxxx|118xx|04[0-79]xxxxxxx|06xxxxxxxS2|0[5679]xxxxxxxx|0818xxxxxx|08[2-9][012346789]xxxxxx|08[2-9]5xxxxxxx|18xxxxxxxx|15xxxxxxxx|048xxxxxxxx|00442xxxxxxxxx|00441xxxxxxxxx|00443xxxxxxxxx|00447xxxxxxxxx|00448xxxxxxxxx|00449xxxxxxxxx|0033xxxxxxxxx|001xxxxxxxxxx|0034xxxxxxxxx|00x.|19xx|171|14x.|<10:3000>|<1191:303>|xx.|+xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)