VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By parkerg
Hi, any help or advice would be appreciated. I am trying to set up BLF on a KXUT133, flexible button on WEB access says it there, but only works as a one touch - no visuals. have read all notes and a item keeps popping up - RESOURCELIST_URI. Any ideas ? Have gone through phone etc with Voicehost but have come to a dead end. Thanks in advance for any help

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Hi guy's sorry for the late reply but I have been really busy. I do indeed have a Panasonic KX-UT133 and I am also a voicehost customer although I use FreePBX via a raspberry Pi box which I can confirm the BLF works well with.

I am sure Voicehost used to sell these phones? They have had a revamp on their site and I can see they no longer sell them. I'm not 100% sure if they support BLF on these phones, I will set one up and give it a try shortly.

With my freepbx setup all I have to do is enter the userid I want to monitor into the parameter field of the flexible button settings page and make sure BLF is selected as type. These phones have very limited configuration and don't even work with VOIPFONE! :(
By WelshPaul
WOW I just spent ages messing around with this phone! Couldn't get it to register direct with Voicehost at all. :thumbsdown:

Looks like Voicehost have been updating and making changes to their service. In the end I had to set SIP URI: xxxxx*xxx@sip.voicehost.co.uk in order to get it registered. (Will have to update the guide)

I got the same result as you, BLF is not working. I am sure it used to with these phones!

I had the Panasonic set as Extension 201 and a OBIHAI 1032 as Extension 202... Make a call on the Panasonic the BLF on the OBi1032 works just fine, make a call on the OBi1032 and the Panasonic phone BLF fails to operate. Clearly an issue of Voicehost not supporting or no longer supporting BLF on the Panasonic phones.
By GoofyCyborg
This seems to be a common issue amongst Voip providers - Voipfone's BLF for example only works with Snom phones and nothing else.

You can always setup your own asterisk server and use that with your VoiceHost account. Long winded way to go about it though but it's an option.
By WelshPaul
parkerg wrote:WelshPaul, thanks for your time om this, its just maddening that a good phone like the KXUT133 cannot work on one little issue, but BLF's are needed on most phones, will keep on playing, but again thanks for your time, Cheers graham
No problem and for the record BLF on the panasonic works just fine when used with my RasPBX with Voicehost, just not with Voicehost directly.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…