VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By Johnderman
I set up a free SIP service a while ago, all I remember was that it used sip2sip.info as the config setup, and I had to use a SIP client to use it. Does anyone know if I can use this same service with a VOIP phone using POE in a network? I haven't tried it yet and it would be a bit of an investment, so I was wondering if anyone had tried that yet?
By WelshPaul
Johnderman wrote:I set up a free SIP service a while ago, all I remember was that it used sip2sip.info as the config setup, and I had to use a SIP client to use it. Does anyone know if I can use this same service with a VOIP phone using POE in a network? I haven't tried it yet and it would be a bit of an investment, so I was wondering if anyone had tried that yet?
Absolutely, will work just fine. :)

You can find the required configuration settings here: http://wiki.sip2sip.info/projects/sip2s ... figuration

Just add the proxy address, username and password to your VoIP phone configuration and your good to go. :thumbsup: