VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By gsmlnx
Hi

New user and I am in the process for setting up my Obi200. I have update manually to the latest firmware.

I have used the latest XML file to set up the UK parameters and added 2 VOIP providers (voipfone as SP1 and sipgate as SP2). Obi shows both as registered.

However when I dial **210000 on my handset, instead of getting Sipgate , all I get is a cannot be connect message. The call history on the Obi says

"10:34:32 From PH1 To SP1(0000)
10:34:33 Call Connected
10:34:38 Call Ended"

So it is not connecting via SP2 and also losing the leading 1 in the sipgate number.

Any ideas as the dial plans/routes have not been changed by myself but are the ones in the XML configuration file.

Best answer by gsmlnx » Sun 8th March 2015, 12:59
Chalk one up for my not thinking things through. When testing, I was just plugging the lead from the master BT socket into the Obi and forgot that there is a call blocker machine linked to the DECT base station. Hence it was eating the **21 and passing the rest to the Obi.

Whoops.

View Post

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Are you sure your number 2 button is working on the phone itself?

The reason why i say this is that it looks like when your dialing **210000 it detects **10000 (missing out the digit 2) and thats why you're seeing 0000 in the call logs and the call is being passed over SP1. (**1 passes calls over SP1)

Also try reloading the UK XML file on to the device again. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=369
By gsmlnx
Chalk one up for my not thinking things through. When testing, I was just plugging the lead from the master BT socket into the Obi and forgot that there is a call blocker machine linked to the DECT base station. Hence it was eating the **21 and passing the rest to the Obi.

Whoops.

Hello Paul, Thank you for your response. Much app…

If you're experiencing issues making outgoing call…

Just leave all the files in the TFTP directory and…

VoIP on the move via wifi

Great! I have been looking for a similar solution.…