VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By WelshPaul
Interesting...

I took an OBi110 and factory reset it then proceeded to upload the UK XML configuration file. Once complete I allowed the OBi110 to reboot and settle before unplugging it and taking it down stairs for testing.

Now I don't have any PSTN lines to test with as I'm 100% VoIP here but I do have an OBi202 in use so I used that as a PSTN replacement. My OBi202 has one of these connected to one of it's phone ports: http://www.surevoip.co.uk/store/surevoi ... 11-adaptor
BT_Plug_to_RJ11_Plug.jpg
BT to RJ11
BT_Plug_to_RJ11_Plug.jpg (3.31 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Anyway... I took the OBi110 supplied RJ11 to RJ11 and connected one end to the OBi110's Telco Line port and then connected one of these to the other end of the RJ11 cable:
mb441NjaDMciHlpg77ROxig.jpg
RJ11 to BT
mb441NjaDMciHlpg77ROxig.jpg (1.58 KiB) Viewed 482 times
I then plugged the RJ11 cable coming from the OBi110 into the OBi202's BT adaptor, just like you I couldn't receive any incoming calls or make any outbound calls over the OBi110's PSTN line. There was an ever so slow blink of the green Telco Line light on the OBi110 maybe half a blink every second or so but no other activity! I removed this from the OBi110's RJ11 cable:
RJ11 to BT
I then removed this from the OBi202's phone port allowing me to connect the RJ11 coming from the OBi110's Telco Line port directly into the OBi202's phone port. Bypassing any BT/RJ11 adaptors:
BT_Plug_to_RJ11_Plug.jpg
BT to RJ11
Connecting the RJ11 directly into the OBi202's phone port resolved the issue, inbound and outbound calls now work OK via the OBi110's PSTN line port! :thumbsup:

I then took an old RJ11 to BT cable from an old BT corded phone I had laying around and connected it to the OBi110's Telco line port and connected the other end directly into this on the the OBi202's phone port:
BT_Plug_to_RJ11_Plug.jpg
BT to RJ11
And the result was it worked! :thumbsup:

It appears to be that the OBi110's supplied RJ11 cable will not work some or all of these:
RJ11 to BT
It appears to be related to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=335&p=732&hilit=obi110+pstn#p732

Looks like you will either need to find an old cable that works or buy one from amazon. :(
By Pete33
Hi WelshPaul
Back again after a bit of a break. sorry was a little while getting back to this. Thanks for the suggestions, and good news. I dug out an extension rj11 to bt plug cable I bought for an old modem/router and this works fine! This was just a 10m extension cable I bought from a local convenience store so no idea which wires in the cable are connected.
The supplied Obi rj11 cable and rj11-bt plug adapter I bought are redundant. I guess the supplied cable is only useful for the US.

Anyway now on to the interesting bit of setting it up!

Pete
By WelshPaul
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad you managed to get it working. :)

I have mentioned the cable issue to Obihai in the past, sadly for whatever reason a US telco cable is still supplied with their hardware. I just assumed one or two of us were unlucky with the RJ11 to BT adaptors. You're not the only one to experience issues with your Obi... I had to replace my OBi202 the other day as it had a faulty PSU connector... Everytime the thing felt vibration it would reboot! I can't complain though, Obihai gave me it for free. :thumbsup: