VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
Is this an issue with inbound calls or outbound calls? Or both?

If SP1 isn't set as the primary line you need to dial **1 before the phone number to call out over SP1.
By WelshPaul
Who is the VoIP provider? Can you make outgoing calls OK over SP1?

What do you hear in the earpiece of the telephone you use to call the number attached to SP1? Do you hear the normal ring tone? Are the leads flashing on the OBi202 when calling SP1?

What is in the X_InboundCallRoute parameter value field under SP1? It should be {ph1,ph2}

Also please make sure to disable SIP-ALG on your router.
By symphony63
WelshPaul wrote:Who is the VoIP provider?
sip2sip
Can you make outgoing calls OK over SP1?
Not configured for outgoing calls
What do you hear in the earpiece of the telephone you use to call the number attached to SP1? Do you hear the normal ring tone? Are the leads flashing on the OBi202 when calling SP1?
I hear nothing on the earpiece, no ring tone or anything else. One lead flashes very quickly.
The calls do register on the sip2sip history as a 5 second call.
What is in the X_InboundCallRoute parameter value field under SP1
{ph1,ph2}
Also please make sure to disable SIP-ALG on your router.
Don't have a problem with other incoming SP only on SP1
By WelshPaul
Not very familiar with sip2sip myself however give this configuration a try:
(I assume your setting sip2sip up on ITSP Profile A and SP1 in the configuration below)
  • Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > SIP
    ProxyServer: sip2sip.info
    ProxyServerPort: 5060 (default)
    OutboundProxy: proxy.sipthor.net
    OutboundProxyPort: 5060 (default)
    Submit/reboot/wait 2 mins

Voice Services > SP1 Service
    Enable: Checked
    X_ServProvProfile: A
    X_RingProfile: A
    X_CodecProfile: A
    X_InboundCallRoute: {ph1,ph2}
    X_RegisterEnable: Checked
    AuthUserName: yoursip2sipsername
    AuthPassword: your sip2sippassword
    URI: yoursip2sipusername@sip2sip.info
    CallerIDName: symphony63 (whatever!)
    MaxSessions: 4
    Submit/reboot/wait 2 mins
Your device should now be successfully registered with the sip2sip service and inbound calls should come through just fine.
By WelshPaul
I was just about to post:
I just tested this on an OBi200 and it works just fine. Registered OK and receiving calls ok. :-)
So if it works ok on SP2 but not on SP1 then there has to be a parameter under SP1 or ITSP Profile A that is interfering with inbound calls. Best thing to do is log in locally to your OBi202 and go to SP1 and ITSP Profile A and look at the check boxes to the right and see which parameters don't have a tick.

Pay close attention to the X_InboundCallRoute routes, as mentioned above they should be set to {ph1,ph2}

Take Note... If your configuring your device via the portal any changes you make locally will be overwritten by the OBiTalk portal.

Failing that maybe a factory reset is in order, just make sure you backup your configuration first! I should point out that If you doindeed proceed to factory reset your OBi202 then make sure you also delete the OBi202 from your OBiTALK portal. You will then need to re-add the device before setting it back up from scratch.
By WelshPaul
How strange is that! Did you delete the OBi202 from the portal and re-add it? The portal must be changing the port or something on SP1.

I will add an OBi202 to the portal later and configure sip2sip on SP1 and see if I can replicate the issue.
By symphony63
Deleted from portal and then did a reset, did a reset and then deleted from portal, neither helped the problem.
Doesn't have to be sip2sip you could try any server I tried UKDDI too and it didn't allow the inbound calls.
The call gets cancelled as it reaches the device.
By WelshPaul
Are you restoring from a backup? Or setting up from new?

Do any of the calls show in the OBi202 logs?

It can't be a hardware fault, wonder if something went wrong with a firmware update at some point. I don't think you can downgrade firmware on the 202 or re-flash the same version grrr

I will await your response to the questions above, if you are restoring from a backup can you zip it and email me it? No passwords are backed up an you can delete any usernames if you wish. I will add my sip2sip username and password to the SP1 parameters and see if I can track down the issue.
By WelshPaul
symphony63 wrote: Where do I find these logs?

Send me a backup of your OBi202 config to <REMOVED> and I will install it on an OBi202 here and take a look through it.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…