VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
symphony63 wrote:I first removed it fro OBiTALK portal then factory reset it.
I then imported your backup file to OBiExpert and checked on the GUI and it's back to the same.
You should of restored the backup using the local web based GUI and not the OBiExpert. Out of interest do you have a red ! next to the SP1 Inbound Route on the OBi Expert Portal?

OK as we are getting nowhere with the portal let's try configuring the device locally. See if the issue remains.

Firstly do a factory reset on your OBi202 by dialling ***8 and confirming the request. Next delete the device from the OBiTALK portal and once that is done sign out of OBiTALK.

Now open your browser or a new window and type the IP address of your OBi202 into the URL of your browser, default username & password is admin...

At this point go straight to SP1 and take a look and see if the Inbound Route is set to the factory default of {ph1,ph2}

If it is then great, restore the backup file I attached to my previous post via the local web based GUI and then once rebooted go back and take a look at the Inbound Route under SP1 and confirm it remains set at the default value. Post back. :)
By symphony63
WelshPaul wrote:
Firstly do a factory reset on your OBi202 by dialling ***8 and confirming the request. Next delete the device from the OBiTALK portal and once that is done sign out of OBiTALK.
Done
Now open your browser or a new window and type the IP address of your OBi202 into the URL of your browser, default username & password is admin...
Get 404 Not Found. Do I first register the device on OBiTalk?
By WelshPaul
You only need to register the device on OBiTALK if you want to use the portal to configure the device. As we are configuring locally there is no need to register the OBi202 with OBiTALK.

Firstly pick up the receiver and dial *** then press 1

Take note of the IP address that is read back to you. Enter this IP into your browser, if you still cannot access the devices GUI then follow the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=176

Once enabled, try entering the IP address of your OBi202 into your browser again. You should now get asked to log in. Username and password are both admin.
By WelshPaul
I just wanted to rule out any local issues, try registering the device with OBiTALK now without doing a factory reset. See if it wipes your existing settings, hopefully it will work ok now.

If not then there must be an old config setting stuck/saved somewhere on your portal account. I would assume deleting the device from the portal would delete everything so when you re-add the device to the OBiTALK portal you start afresh.

There are a couple of other options available when logged in to the portal, just under the Enter OBi Expert option that allow you to reset your OBi Expert settings other than that I'm stumped.

Let me know if any of these methods helped, if not I will email Mark at OBIHAI and ask his input on this. It may require someone at OBIHAI to look at your OBAiTALK account.
By symphony63
WelshPaul wrote:I just wanted to rule out any local issues, try registering the device with OBiTALK now without doing a factory reset. See if it wipes your existing settings, hopefully it will work ok now.
OK, I did a full reset and deleted the device from the portal. I then reinstalled the backup. It was working alright. I then re-added the device to the OBiTalk portal. When I checked the GUI it had wiped all the existing settings and I had the same problems as before.
There are a couple of other options available when logged in to the portal, just under the Enter OBi Expert option that allow you to reset your OBi Expert settings other than that I'm stumped.
Tried that aswell and nothing changed
Let me know if any of these methods helped, if not I will email Mark at OBIHAI and ask his input on this. It may require someone at OBIHAI to look at your OBAiTALK account.
I think this would be the best idea
By WelshPaul
Morning symphony63,

Sadly Mark no longer works for OBIHAI so he will be unable to look at your account. Mark was really the only employee I know of who really took the time to help out customers.

Your only option now is to go through OBIHAI's main support system:
http://www.obihai.com/request-support

I was wondering if Google Voice has anything to do with your issue? As Google Voice is not available here in the UK I have not taken the time to learn anything about it. One thing you can do is maybe add a link to this thread so that support can see what steps you have already taken to resolve the issue.

Post back and let us know how you got on.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…