VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
I'm afraid this cant be done on a pap2, the ringer is built into the phones that you have plugged in and not the device itself.

The only thing you can do is to have 2 different phones plugged in to the pap2, each with different ring tones.
By WelshPaul
You will either have to assign each number to an individual VoIP account and in turn register each one on the pap2 or if your VoIP provider offers a PBX solution use an extension. Point the 0800 number to one extension and the 01 number to the other. Extensions usually cost an additional £1 a month per extension.
By camcor
I emailed voipfone who said it will cost £1.20 a month per extension. So another £2.40 a month on top of the £8.40 I already pay. :(

You said something about assigning each number to an individual voip account? Will this save me the extra £2.40 a month? It's not a lot I know but I don't want to pay out anymore than I need to. If so how do I do this?
By SteveAtVoIP2Go
I really don't understand why VoIP Providers charge for additional 'extensions' in a non-PBX environment. The way I see it, the more devices you allow Customers to add to their account, the easier it is for them to make calls.
WelshPaul liked this
By WelshPaul
camcor wrote:I emailed voipfone who said it will cost £1.20 a month per extension. So another £2.40 a month on top of the £8.40 I already pay. :(

You said something about assigning each number to an individual voip account? Will this save me the extra £2.40 a month? It's not a lot I know but I don't want to pay out anymore than I need to. If so how do I do this?
Simples, just create a second Voipfone account and put some credit on it.

Make a note of your new Voipfone account number then logout. Now login to your old Voipfone account (the one with the two phone numbers assigned to it) and make a note of your old account number.

Send an email to Voipfone support from the email address you have registered against your old Voipfone account requesting a transfer of the 01 number from (enter old account number here) to (enter new account number here).

There is a £5+VAT one off charge for this service but remember your saving money in the long term.

Once Voipfone transfer the 01 number over to your new Voipfone account you can then proceed to register the new Voipfone account against Line 1 on the PAP2T and your old Voipfone account against Line 2.

Same end result as using two extensions without the ongoing additional cost of £2.40p per month.
SteveAtVoIP2Go wrote:I really don't understand why VoIP Providers charge for additional 'extensions' in a non-PBX environment. The way I see it, the more devices you allow Customers to add to their account, the easier it is for them to make calls.
I know, you would think VoIP providers would give residential customers two extensions to use as standard, like you say the more people who can talk at the same time the more money you earn.

I guess they don't see it that way.

Advertisement

By Sponsor

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…