Before proceeding I recommend you remove your device from the OBitalk portal and factory reset it. Once done, re-register the device against your OBiTALK account.
To import the UK XML file to your OBiTALK account you need to do the following:
- Log in to your obitalk account.
- Select the OBihai device you wish to configure by clicking on it's name under "My OBi Devices".
- Scroll down and click on the "OBi Expert Configuration" button.
- Under the "Manage Expert Configuration" section click on "Choose File" located next to the text "Saved Configuration File" and select the UK XML file.
- Click on the "Import Config to OBi Expert" button.
The following message will appear on the top of the webpage "The specified configuration has been imported successfully."
, You now need to click on the "Enter OBi Expert"
button to enter the OBi Expert Configuration pages.
Inside the OBi Expert Configuration pages, you will notice its resemblance to the OBi device web page menu, look and layout. To the right of the configurable parameter value field, there may be a red exclamation mark (!). When this mark is present, it means the parameter value next to where it appears has an OBi Expert configuration database entry that is different than the OBiTALK database entry. If the Device Default and OBiTALK boxes are left unchecked, then the OBi will use this setting in its active configuration.
Make sure you remove the ticks from both check boxes next to every parameter that has the red exclamation mark (!).
For future reference, if you decide to configure locally, all you need to do is upload the XML file by entering the IP address of your OBi in your browser and navigate to System Management > Device Update > Restore Configuration
. Your OBi device will reboot and that's it.
FOX_OFF wrote:Do I need to pay for the ObiExtras to get Caller ID working properly?