VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By DeanHood
I was given an obi202 that was no longer being used by a work colleague. I'm new to all this however I have successfully managed to set it up to work with the voiptalk service and everything appears to be working ok, well until i receive a phone call. :(

The phone has a weak sounding ring tone for half a second or so and then the obi202 power led goes from a solid green to a solid red where it appears to reboot. Would you have any idea what could be the issue?
By WelshPaul
You need a power supply unit that has an output rating of 12v 1A (centre positive).

The one you're currently using cannot supply the OBi202 with enough power when under load.
By DeanHood
I was given the wrong one then. :(

I didn't have any to hand with a rating of 12v 1a, purchased one from Maplin and it did the trick. Beware mind, Maplin's wanted £17.99 it! I got it knocked down to £9.99 and although still a lot of money, at least i know the chances of my house burning to the ground by a cheap Chinese eBay knock off is not a concern i need to worry about.