VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
I'm new the world of VoIP.

I have a BT Landline and a VoIP account + an old DECT handset.

Which ATA adapter do I need to buy to use my handset with both my BT Landline and VoIP account?

Some configuration instructions would also be helpful!

By WelshPaul
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

An OBi110 is what you'll need. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004 ... tag=uvf-21

Simple to setup, upload the UK configuration file located here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=368

All you need to do then is add your VoIP account username, password and SIP proxy url. :-D
Thanks WelshPaul. I purchased the OBi110 and have just finished setting it up so I'm now able to make calls via my landline and receive calls via my landline and SIP number. I'm not sure though how to make outbound calls from my SIP number. At work I use * to dial an outbound number. Is there something similar for this which would allow me to choose which line I use? Also, do you have any tips on how to improve the security of my OBi. I've changed the password and it's behind my firewall but is there anything else I need to be aware of?
By WelshPaul
By default the OBi110 dials out over the PSTN line, you can however change this by navigating to Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port, find the parameter 'PrimaryLine' and change the value 'PSTN Line' to that of your preferred service.

Also, see here: http://www.obihai.com/faq/About-the-OBi ... s-with-OBi

Dialing **1 before the phone number forces the call out over whatever sip provider you have configured under Service Provider 1.
Dialing **2 before the phone number forces the call out over whatever sip provider you have configured under Service Provider 2.

If you set the primary line to your VoIP provider and want to make a call over your PSTN line then lift the receiver and press #. You will notice a change in dialtone, dial the phone number as normal.

You can change these short codes by modifying the OutboundCallRoute located under the Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port page.
l.bh liked this
My current outboundcallroute is
Code: Select all
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|999):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
is it possible to change the short code
to just
. Also could you explain what the short code
does?
You can yes, I take it you would rather press 9 for an outgoing PSTN line than the default **8? Did you know that you can also dial ## to get the PSTN dial tone?

Anyway, you would also need to add the 9 to the DigitMap. This would cause issues though when dialing any numbers that start with a 9 such as 999.

The **9 routes calls over the OBiTALK network. Try dialing **9 222 222 222