VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By Pete33
Hi, I'm finally getting a chance to make some progress with my Obi110.
I'm looking at dealing with nuiscance callers. I've setup a digitmap to block known bad numbers but I want to do something with the anonymous numbers. Using asterisk on an rpi seems to be an option but maybe overkill https://www.liquidstate.net/blocking-si ... erisk-pbx/

One of the options suggested in the obi digit map and call routing guide is to send anonymous callers to the AA. This seems easy to achieve by adding the {(?):AA} rule to the inbound route. It requires interaction to be passed to the ph terminal, this should deter some call centre auto dialers.

Ideally the situtation would be:
- callers with no callerid as identified by the above rule will be passed to the AA.
- they have option 1 'press 1 to continue this call' which passes them to the phone
- no other options are given

But the AA seems to offer the options to Dial another number and call back the caller. I don't want anonymous callers to have these options as potentially they could be using my line to call numbers!

If not possible to remove options 2 and 3, then next best scenario is that these options be protected so they don't work? I see there is a PIN option but it's not clear where it applies.

A bit of reading seems to say you can't modify the AA menu options but I'm not clear. Anyone know what you can do with the AA? I have read about making custom prompts but that's not really needed here.

Thanks in advance

Peter
By WelshPaul
Create a custom prompt saying something along the lines of "Hi, as you've withheld your caller ID, please press 1 on your telephones keypad to continue with this call".

I myself uploaded "Hi, as you've withheld your caller ID" to 'User1Description' and "please press 1 on your telephones keypad to continue with this call" to 'User2Description'. I then set the 'Welcome' parameter under 'Auto Attendant 1 Prompts' to use %USER1%, I want "Hi, as you've withheld your caller ID" played as the welcome message. The 'Menu' parameter has %USER2% as it's value as I want "please press 1 on your telephones keypad to continue with this call" played when reading out the menu options. All other parameters under 'Auto Attendant 1 Prompts' are set to use %USER3%, I haven't uploaded a personal greeting to 'User3Description' so nothing is played back for any prompts that are set to use this parameter.

Make sure that you set 'UsePIN' to enabled, enter a long pin number under 'PIN1' to protect yourself from any unauthorised calls being made. Remember, while the caller will not be informed about options two and three, should they press buttons 2 or 3 the pin you set above will prevent them from making any calls.

When an incoming call comes in from an anonymous caller using the above, the message "Hi, as you've withheld your caller ID, please press 1 on your telephones keypad to continue with this call" is played back, if they don't press 1 on their keypad then "please press 1 on your telephones keypad to continue with this call" is replayed to them. (They hear nothing else!)
Pete33 liked this
By WelshPaul
Hi @Gonti,

I don't understand your question. Looks like English isn't your native language, are you wanting to know if this works behind a VPN connection?