VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.

Advertisement

By Sponsor
I have huge issues with Obi110.

For some reason it doesn't work any more (I've used that at my old address with normal ADSL connection, worked fine.

Unfortunately now it doesn't work correctly with Sky Fibre Optic, it keeps dropping download speed (2-3x times), disconnecting broadband or showing that call is active while called disconnected 2 minutes ago...

Can't use it :/.

I've tried even settings from this website, unfortunately doesn't working.

I thought that maybe I am using wrong cable but actually I don't remember to use any special cable for Obi at previous address (somehow I have connected it to ADSL filter).

Advertisement

By Sponsor
It's possible that your OBi110 is faulty, I highly doubt it though...

The cable that runs from the line port on your OBi110 to your Microfilter, is it the same cable you used before? Is it an RJ11 to RJ11 or RJ11 to BT? If it's an RJ11 to RJ11 are you using an RJ11 to BT adaptor?

Oh, and have you tried replacing the Microfilter?

Lift the receiver, dial ## and then 17070 select option 2 (quiet line test), do you hear any noise or interference on the line?
Hi,

I have used just general RJ11 - > RJ11.

I've discovered that sometimes Noise Margin is 4x higher and it is affecting the speed.

However not sure why as I can connect Obi110, reset router and noise margin is low (6.3dB), yet sometimes Noise Margin goes up to the roof and I have to disconnect Obi110 in order to get low noise margin again :(
You haven't answered all the questions I asked in my post above. You need to be more pacific...

RJ11 - > RJ11? Is it 2 pair or 4? You can't connect an RJ11 to a BT master socket directly - You must be using an adapter?

I suspect it's either the cable itself, or the way you have it connected to your PSTN line that's the issue. Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us to work out a solution for you!
CJT-80 liked this

Just found out that the latest firmware build for …

Supported Products: OBi504vs OBi508vs Firm…

Supported Products: OBi200 OBi202 OBi300 OB…

These are unlocked and unbranded Snom 760 IP Phone…