VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By Arek
Hi all.
I'm new here on forum so please don't shoot immediately :-)

I'm an OBi110 user for years now and I was quite happy with it. Having device which can combine my land line and VOIP is so useful.
So some time ago I enabled IPV6 on my router and all working great except OBi. Looks like OBi don't like IPV6.
I saw that OBi110 is end of life by the end of this year, and I don't think so I'll be able to force my device to work with my router when I have IPV6 enabled. Or maybe I'm wrong? Maybe there is a way to force it to work.

Anyway if I can't use OBi with IPV6 in my home, what device you can recommend for me?
Ideal will be something similar to that one I have now, but I can consider VOIP phone if I have to.

Thanks a lot
Arek
By WelshPaul
Hi Arek,

If you need to have your router set up for IPv6 to connect to the internet by your ISP, the router should still be able to assign an IPv4 address to any local devices behind it (such as the Obi) so non IPv6 compatible devices continue to work.

Do you currently make use of the Line port on your OBi110?
By Arek
Hi WelshPaul
Thanks for reply. I do not use my ISP router. BT HH5 do not have 80% of the functionality I need :-)
My router assign IPV4 as well IPV6, I can login to OBi configuration page, etc. I don't have really idea why connection fail with my VOIP provider. I think it must be something with NAT or routing outbound. Don't had a time for full diagnose. And to be honest don't want to change settings on my router as they are perfect for me now.
So I'm really willing to spent some money and replace device instead.

Yes At this moment I have connected Line port in OBi. It's home only installation. Setup wasn't easy :-) but configs from this forum helped me a lot. Using this same phone for land line and VOIP is very convenient.
However as I said I can change my approach and add some new device just for VOIP. TBH I do not use landline at all. Must have it for BB really and sometimes I have call from my daughter's school or other institutions, so I have to keep it connected to phone unfortunately :-)
By WelshPaul
Well, as far as I am aware there is nothing that comes close to the OBi110, and nothing with IPv6 support. :(

I know you said:
Arek wrote:Don't had a time for full diagnose. And to be honest don't want to change settings on my router as they are perfect for me now.
But you may have no alternative. If it's your router preventing registration then buying another IPv4 telephone adapter won't help. IPv6 would eliminate any NAT traversal problem, but as I pointed out above, there doesn't appear to be an OBi110 equivalent that supports IPv6.
Arek wrote:Ideal will be something similar to that one I have now, but I can consider VOIP phone if I have to.
There are a few IP telephones out there that have a FXO Line port, but again, none that have IPv6 support out of the box.

Obihai offer the OBi1022, OBi1032 and OBi1062 IP phones which apparently are upgradeable to IPv6 and these can be used with their OBiLINE adapter. Unfortunately though, at present IPv6 doesn't appear to be enabled on these phones, I should also point out that when using an OBiLINE adapter with the OBi2xx series people have complained about an echo on most PSTN calls. Even if they had IPv6 enabled and the OBiLINE adapter worked as it should Obihai don't appear to be selling these in the UK anymore. :dunno:

Your router should have an option to backup your current configuration. This would allow you to alter various settings in order to try and get your OBi110 online. Should anything go wrong, simply restore your router.
By Arek
Thanks a lot.
I'm not great with VOIP world, but I think I'm OK with networking and systems. Will play a bit with my router settings.

What's about not OBi products? I'm not tied with it really.
I just need some reasonable solution for SIP. Neither using OBi nor Google. Could be really anything. I saw WelshPaul you recommended Gigaset bundle in other topic.
That probably will be good for me, just want to have something which is capable to work with IPV6 :-)
By WelshPaul
Arek wrote:Thanks a lot.
I'm not great with VOIP world, but I think I'm OK with networking and systems. Will play a bit with my router settings.
Make sure that SIP ALG is disabled, that's usually the setting that breaks VoIP.
Arek wrote:What's about not OBi products? I'm not tied with it really.
I just need some reasonable solution for SIP. Neither using OBi nor Google. Could be really anything. I saw WelshPaul you recommended Gigaset bundle in other topic.
That probably will be good for me, just want to have something which is capable to work with IPV6 :-)
The Gigaset N300 doesn't support IPv6 either, that's why I never mentioned it.

Not sure why but ATA's with an FXO port appear to be disappearing! Cisco SPA232D (Doesn't offer IPv6) unavailable now, OBi110 (Doesn't offer IPv6) has been discontinued, OBi2xx (Doesn't offer IPv6) with OBiLINE is available but doesn't work well because of echo issues and the few older Linksys models (None offer IPv6 and probably unreliable fakes anyway) found on eBay have been discontinued for years.
Arek liked this
By Arek
WelshPaul wrote:The Gigaset N300 doesn't support IPv6 either, that's why I never mentioned it.
Looks like at this moment there is nothing reasonable with IPV6. It's a bit weird for me really, because in routers that was implemented long time ago. I know BT did it this year, but devices are ready for some time.

Anyway, as I said I played yesterday with my router. Upgraded firmware to the newest one. Put static IPV6 DNS records, and checked other settings.
Looks like OBi110 now can establish connection and log into server. I didn't checked what's happen when I will restart it because so far it's working. Need that line so don't want to experiment if is OK for now.
WelshPaul wrote: Not sure why but ATA's with an FXO port appear to be disappearing! Cisco SPA232D (Doesn't offer IPv6) unavailable now, OBi110 (Doesn't offer IPv6) has been discontinued, OBi2xx (Doesn't offer IPv6) with OBiLINE is available but doesn't work well because of echo issues and the few older Linksys models (None offer IPv6 and probably unreliable fakes anyway) found on eBay have been discontinued for years.
I think it's general market demand. Most of my friends using only VOIP or Landline. I'm the weird one because I have both. And the reason is simple - I have Polish landline number for cheap calls to and from (I bet you realized that I'm not native :-) )
In the other situation I definitely will have only one service.

Thanks a lot for all your advice.
Arek
System advice?

OK, I have it setup and configured correctly. I ha…

[private post]

Sipgate UK Call Package

So just like Voipfone, Sipgate offer various calli…

@praful patel all you need to do is port your …