VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
100 %

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By mpmc
Having only just found out that Obihai have discontinued the Obi110 I went looking for possible replacements should mine ever fail. I came across this on Amazon. It appears to have all the same ports (plus a few more) however I'm not sure whether or not "1 PSTN Pass-Through port" means PSTN line to phone only and/or a voice bridge (PSTN to VOIP).

I've asked the seller anyway & will post once I get a response.

Thought you guys might find it interesting :)

Advertisement

By Sponsor
By WelshPaul
mpmc wrote:Having only just found out that Obihai have discontinued the Obi110 I went looking for possible replacements should mine ever fail. I came across this on Amazon. It appears to have all the same ports (plus a few more) however I'm not sure whether or not "1 PSTN Pass-Through port" means PSTN line to phone only and/or a voice bridge (PSTN to VOIP).

I've asked the seller anyway & will post once I get a response.

Thought you guys might find it interesting :)
Pretty sure "1 PSTN Pass-Through port" means PSTN line to phone only, never actually seen this in a device before though. :-/

Personally I would avoid unbranded generic hardware for the following reasons:
  1. I doubt you will ever see any firmware updates for the device.
  2. Chances are it doesn't conform to any safety standards.
  3. Possible backdoor or poor security within the firmware.
After all, no doubt these come from the same Chinese factories a lot of the crap on eBay can be found. :x
UKVF-USER liked this
By mpmc
Well, I had a response from the seller who pointed me to the manualfor the device, it's an Atcom AG-198, made around 2011 and the latest firmware is from 2012!

From what I can tell from the horrible chinglish manual, I suspect you may be able to use it as a voice bridge. But as always you're the voice of reason & I won't be buying one of these things even though I'm really tempted - I love my Chinese junk (I have an addiction)!

It's a shame that obihai won't even release the firmware for the 110 as open source, or at least allow someone else a chance to provide updates!

If you do find a viable replacement with the same features and price point as the obi, please do let me know! :)
WelshPaul liked this

In the past month, Microsoft have changed their sp…

Porting NGN Issue...

Hi WelshPaul, thanks for the replies and your ef…

Not at this time no. :dunno: Having just looked…

Hello, I have a Google Voice number as well as …