VoIP hardware is developing fast - this is where you ask all those “how do I make my SIP Telephone, Adapter or Asterisk box work with my voip provider?” questions.
By KINGVOJ23
Got a linksys device with multiple line registration provided, When I registered my first line, everything works well. But when I started to register another line on it, that's the hardest part for me to make it succeed, but still the line 1 is still working. Only the line 2 which is not functioning. Please advice. thanks!
By WelshPaul
What Linksys device are you using and what provider are you using on line 1 and trying to setup on line 2 exactly?
KINGVOJ23 liked this
By WelshPaul
You cannot register the same sip account twice.

You need to setup a second account (or extension) with your PBX provider and enter those details against line two.

Or:

You can configure the device to register against one sip account and make use of the line keys to provide multiple lines.

Step 1 Click Admin Login > advanced > Voice > Phone.

Step 2 Under each line key for the phone, configure the following:
  • Extension—Assign an extension number to the line key. Set as 1.
  • Short Name—Enter a short name or a number to display on the IP phone screen. E.g. Line 1
By WelshPaul
@Danial read the post above yours, it applies to you.

You cannot register the same trunk, extension or sip account across multiple devices or softphones. You either need a second sip trunk or register your existing with a PBX such as freepbx and create multiple extensions.
System advice?

OK, I have it setup and configured correctly. I ha…

[private post]

Sipgate UK Call Package

So just like Voipfone, Sipgate offer various calli…

@praful patel all you need to do is port your …