Recommend, review or get some help setting up your SIP based softphone of choice here.
By switcharoo
Can anyone recommend a softphone client for Windows 7 that supports call forwarding?

Basically I want to use the softphone client on my desktop PC, then when I'm leaving the office to click a button to enable call forwarding to my mobile phone.

I could enable it through my voip providers web interface each time, but I'm too lazy...

I know this is a feature on most hardware voip phones so I'm assuming a softphone must have it too.

Thanks,

Sam
By WelshPaul
I wasn't aware of any however it seems Bria 3 has the feature.

Standard Telephone Features
The CounterPath Bria softphone has all standard telephone features, including:
  • Call display and Message Waiting Indicator (MWI).
  • Speakerphone and Mute.
  • Redial, Hold, Do Not Disturb.
  • Call history – list of received, missed, and dialed calls.
  • Call forward.
  • Call transfer.
  • Call record.
  • Auto answer.
  • Six-party audio conferencing.
I don't think your going to get anything for free, advanced features usually come at a cost. However the link if you want it is http://www.counterpath.com/bria.html and the user guide can be found by clicking here.
By dibts
pwarbi wrote:I use Skype quit a lot and I have to admit that I didn't realise that Skype had that ability either. It's not something I'd probably use a lot but if it does its good to know it's there.
Have you finally tried it? I wanna know if it smoothly works. Does it cost extra too?
By Kristin
Skype and 3cx do offer it. The 3cx will even allow you to create certain rules for the hours in which the call forwarding will be done. If your on the other line then your voicemail will pick up. If you want to pick up calls out of the office after hours than it can be sent to your mobile or the phone to your liking. Skype has this feature too and would be a lot cheaper.
By kylerlittle
dibts wrote:
kylerlittle wrote:Skype does. I think Skype offers great call forwarding application, and it's even cheap.
Cool! I didn't know Skype has call forwarding. All I know though is that you can leave a message on its voicemail.
Skype has it and it's not expensive, it's pretty cheap and a cool feature.