Recommend, review or get some help setting up your SIP based softphone of choice here.
By kylerlittle
Awesome. Sipdoid is an application which I looked at, in the Google Store. I think it offers good functionality, but if I would put it in perspective and in comparison with others, I would most likely go with Viber. That's not to say it's not great, it is and it has really good rating, it could be a great alternative one day.
By pwarbi
Just had a quick look at this, before I install it, what does this app do exactly? Or, should I say, what does it do that's any better or different than the rest?

Sometimes when you first install an app you think it's the best thing clever but the novelty wears off pretty quick. How long have people actually been using it and is it STILL recommended?
By chelsknits
sipdroid wrote:Just to let you know that after trying many apps for Android without success. (at home I connect through a BT Home Hub 2) Sipdroid a free app. has been working great for the last couple of months.
Could you give some more information about what the app actually does and what makes it better than others out there like it? I'd be very interested in trying it myself but I like to know what I'm getting into first.
By Yosh
chelsknits wrote:
sipdroid wrote:Just to let you know that after trying many apps for Android without success. (at home I connect through a BT Home Hub 2) Sipdroid a free app. has been working great for the last couple of months.
Could you give some more information about what the app actually does and what makes it better than others out there like it? I'd be very interested in trying it myself but I like to know what I'm getting into first.
I second this. It'd be really nice to know why it's seen as better. My phone doesn't have much free space, so I don't want to fill it up unnecessarily.
By bosconian
Sipdroid is a great choice if you are looking for a SIP softphone for Android but I prefer another one called CSipSimple for it's clean user interface and the fact that it comes with support for G.729 which I believe Sipdroid does not support.

Using G.729 is a big deal for me because it uses far less bandwidth than the G.711 codec so any call using the cellphone 3G is cheaper. There are many softphones that support G.729 besides CSipSimple but none of them are free.
By pwarbi
With the amount of mentions of various other apps on this thread that do the same thing, and there's probably a lot more on the store besides, I think it just goes to show that what app you use is probably just down to personal preference, as they all seem to be equally as good as each other, while having slightly differing features.