Recommend, review or get some help setting up your SIP based softphone of choice here.
By chelsknits
I'm still extremely new to VoIP so I apologize ahead of time if what I'm about to ask seems like a super obvious question. I was wondering what kind of software you would recommend for someone who is just starting out. I want to start looking for customer service type jobs online (work at home jobs) and most of the ones that I've seen require you to use a VoIP method. What would you suggest for something like that? Ideally, I'd like to start out with free/very cheap options if there are any. I just need something to get the job done for now, then later on I can upgrade to a better method if need be.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!
By kylerlittle
It could also be useful if you share with us your home working opportunities on them. I think a good application for you would be Skype, Viber and What's App and lots of other applications, all you have to do is search in the google market or apple store for one that suits you well.
By chelsknits
dibts wrote:I recommend Skype if you're thinking of working at home. Most clients online would even prefer you to use this software.
Thank you! Skype was what I immediately thought of but I wasn't sure if it would actually work well. I wasn't sure if there were a lot of people that used it for that reason since I often think of it as more for personal use than business. However, I'm used to using Skype with friends (as in people that have accounts and are on my friends list) so how does this work with business calls?
By chelsknits
kylerlittle wrote:Ah, I would love to work using Skype, but the thing is, I want a job! lol
I have used a couple work at home blogs over the years to find out about new work at home opportunities and I have never been disappointed! Up until recently I had always avoided jobs that required a phone though since we have several people in our household that use the house phone throughout the day. It wasn't until I thought about using a VoIP that I started to consider them as an option.
By kylerlittle
chelsknits wrote:
kylerlittle wrote:Ah, I would love to work using Skype, but the thing is, I want a job! lol
I have used a couple work at home blogs over the years to find out about new work at home opportunities and I have never been disappointed! Up until recently I had always avoided jobs that required a phone though since we have several people in our household that use the house phone throughout the day. It wasn't until I thought about using a VoIP that I started to consider them as an option.
That's great. How did you manage to find the home jobs opportunities?
By chelsknits
kylerlittle wrote: That's great. How did you manage to find the home jobs opportunities?
The blogs I read list them. They review the sites/companies and give you information such as how much they pay, how easy it is to make money with them, how they pay, and whether or not they're reliable among other things. They always update with new opportunities too.
By kylerlittle
chelsknits wrote:
kylerlittle wrote: That's great. How did you manage to find the home jobs opportunities?
The blogs I read list them. They review the sites/companies and give you information such as how much they pay, how easy it is to make money with them, how they pay, and whether or not they're reliable among other things. They always update with new opportunities too.
Awesome, could you send me a message to what blogs it is?
By kylerlittle
sbatz1972 wrote:I would be very timid of any stay at home customer service job that required me to buy the software myself. I think if a job is legitimate, the employer should purchase all necessary software for its employees to do their job.
That's absolutely right, I don't know how without it they'd even do a good business or job.