Recommend, review or get some help setting up your SIP based softphone of choice here.
By WelshPaul
When it comes to user-configurable softphones, the 3CXPhone SIP VoIP Phone has been my top pick for the past few years, now.

3CX Corp. has recently upgraded their VoIP Phone from version 11 to version 12. This article outlines the process and procedures used for downloading, installing, and configuring version 12 on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC.

Besides the fact that the 3CXPhone just works and doesn't crash like some of the other well known brand of softphones, the 3CXPhone VoIP Phone is FREE.

In this tutorial, I will focus on how to install and configure the 3CXPhone with Voipfone VoIP service, which I myself use.

I'll begin by downloading the Windows version directly from the 3CX website. It's a 7.9 MB installer file. The specific build version I will be using for this tutorial is Version: 12.0.32816.0. The file name of the installer file is: 3CXPhoneforWindows12.msi (download directly from this link).

Once downloaded, start and run the installer file to begin the installation. Once the Installer runs, it will start the 3CXPhone Setup Wizard.

Click Next to start the Wizard.
3CXPhone_setup_wizard1.jpg
Accept, or move, the Installation Folder file path default. Click Next.
3CXPhone_setup_wizard2.jpg
Now click install.
3CXPhone_setup_wizard3.jpg
Installing...
3CXPhone_setup_wizard4.jpg
Click finish.
3CXPhone_setup_wizard5.jpg
That's it. The whole process actually takes less than 1 minute.

Security Warning - Some users may have security software that may pop-up a warning the first time the 3CXPhone is run. This happens so you can validate that this is a new software application that needs your approval before running and allowing to connect to the Internet.

The first time the 3CXPhone is launched, it may present you with a "No SIP Profile found" message, or "No Active Accounts Configured" and "Not Set" status on the phone.

In my case, I upgraded from an earlier version. Even though I uninstalled the previous version, the un-installation did not remove the previous account configuration settings. This is very useful for people like me who just want to uninstall to upgrade without losing previous account registration settings and phone books.

However, if this is the very first time 3CXPhone has been installed on your PC, you will likely see the following pop-up message:
3CXPhone_setup_wizard6.jpg
Click on the "tick" inside the circle as highlighted above, the message will close and the phone will appear on screen. At this point, because there are no VoIP accounts configured, as yet, you will likely see the "No accounts" message on the 3CXPhone screen:
3CXPhone_setup_wizard7.jpg
Congratulations, you have successfully installed 3CXPhone on your PC. We will now proceed to configure 3CXPhone for use with Voipfone. For part 2 click here.